Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

I don't think I'll use this. I tend to be too stubborn when it comes to the souls I've collected.
It looks like a vag^ina. You know, after doing. The "ring of fire".

ZackPanda

Souls: 50.00
I can't believe I just now found out that it is a usable item the first Dark Souls. And I've beaten it so many times. I thought it was just a lore item to show the mark of being a cursed undead. I had no clue it had some form of practical use!
I wouldn't exactly call it practical, as it's simply the same thing as a homeward spell or bone, only that it has a disadvantage.
it is back up plan for when you died once already with alot souls lost at blood stain, you are trying to retrieve it, yet you going to die from a mob. so use it will send you back with out effect your old blood stain.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 130,558.49
Bank: 7,200.71
Wiki Edits: 17884
I dont think I have ever used this item lol
only time i ever used it was one time in dark souls 1 i got glitched into a wall in the forest place and had no homeward bones, so i had to use the dark sign
Why would ANYONE use this ever? They have it in every game, but it is basically just death on command. In what situation is this better than going HAM and dying??

Fiddlesticks

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 715.00
Wiki Edits: 111
However, even if you do get out of bounds or stuck, consider homeward bone. Its always better than this. Cheaper usually.

Fiddlesticks

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 715.00
Wiki Edits: 111
Its not death by the way, as using this wont hollow you if you have dark sigils. But you still lose souls and leave no blood stain...the souls...OTL
It's a failsafe, for if you clip out of bounds or get stuck in the terrain or wind up in some situation where you're stuck and can't kill yourself.
Story
When you have a bug and can't move you can reset yourself if u are out of homeward bones

Unbreakable_Patches

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 12.00
Wiki Edits: 1
No it's not. You don't die when you use it
The only reason you should use is: When you died, leaving a great amount of souls, you are trying to retrieve them but you believe you can't reach them. You can use this, you technically won't die, simply return to the bonfire and lose all the souls (your character owned during the retrival), but the previous Blood Mark (with the great amount of souls) will not disappear. In other words, you lose everything you currently own, but you won't die, therefore all the Blood marks will remain in the same spot.
Who will use this its use less to me
If you get stuck in a wall and if you have no homeward bone it will be quite useful
The only time it could be useful is if you got stuck in a wall or something similar
It ensures if you get stuck somewhere you can always get out. Like what if you landed in a corner that had no way out and you had no homeward bones, then you quit the game and were still in the corner with no way out. You can't revert to a previous save like in most games. It is essential in a game with this type of continuous save system, or it should be anyway.
so like if your given this at the beginning of the game, shouldn't you become hollow during the story regardless; i mean hell it says it in the description "Carriers of the Darksign are reborn after death, and eventually lose their minds, turn Hollow."
It doesn't kill you, it just deletes your held souls, your ember remains intact if you are embered at the time.
No soul run
Confirmed. Absolutely underused
if you have less than 2,000 souls on you, and an active Ember. and you know ur going to die this is when you use it. Embers are roughly 2k souls. so it's basically ensuring that u keep ur ember that u already used.