Discuss Demon's Souls and the start of the Souls Series
Wiki: Demon's Souls Wiki

NPC_invader

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: Locked
Bank: Locked
Wiki Edits: 10
Each time I lost a match my SL would drop by 1 and each time I won a match I wouldn't get my SL back.

Is there is a way to stop this deleveling thing? it's annoying for me and my opponent.

We had to dupe souls and level up to SL140 to play and not worry about losing levels... :doh:.
Last edited by NPC_invader on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LostMyHeadache

Revived
Savior

Souls: 67,978.50
Are they using a weapon that looks like a hand?

NPC_invader

Compulsory Poster
Champion

No. We are using a Kriss Blade, Falchion, Estoc and a Winged Spear.
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 41,602.50
Wiki Edits: 554
Short explanation: if you're using the Red Eye Stone, dying means you lose a level and the other player gets the full value in souls of that level (IIRC). Killing them means they lose a level and you get the souls. In other words, win 51% of all fights to turn a profit. As with the Black Eye Stone, dying to anything other than a host or phantom will also drop you by a level.

Invasions with the Black Eye Stone do not delevel you if the host or phantom kills you, but dying to environmental effects will still make you drop a level (falling, dragon breath, explosions).

If your opponent is hitting you with Soulsucker, you have only yourself to blame.

LostMyHeadache

Revived
Savior

Souls: 67,978.50
TSMP wrote:Short explanation: if you're using the Red Eye Stone, dying means you lose a level and the other player gets the full value in souls of that level (IIRC). Killing them means they lose a level and you get the souls. In other words, win 51% of all fights to turn a profit. As with the Black Eye Stone, dying to anything other than a host or phantom will also drop you by a level.

Invasions with the Black Eye Stone do not delevel you if the host or phantom kills you, but dying to environmental effects will still make you drop a level (falling, dragon breath, explosions).

If your opponent is hitting you with Soulsucker, you have only yourself to blame.

I had COMPLETELY forgotten about that!

JohnnyHarpoon

Revived
Savior

Souls: 175.00
Bank: 14,877.50
Wiki Edits: 22
yeah man. Demon's Souls was rad like that.
"We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future."

NPC_invader

Compulsory Poster
Champion

TSMP wrote:Short explanation: if you're using the Red Eye Stone, dying means you lose a level and the other player gets the full value in souls of that level (IIRC). Killing them means they lose a level and you get the souls. In other words, win 51% of all fights to turn a profit. As with the Black Eye Stone, dying to anything other than a host or phantom will also drop you by a level.

No one is using Soulsucker, we don't even know how to get that.

Both of us are using the Red Stone. One question is there a invasion timer here? We could use the Black Stone and invade each other if there is no invasion timer.

It's funny, there was no other sign, despite we were SL125, 4-1 was empty so I'm pretty sure I would invader her every single time if there is no invasion timer. If there is a invasion timer, what about dried fingers? Is there such thing here?

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:yeah man. Demon's Souls was rad like that.

Lol.
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 41,602.50
Wiki Edits: 554
Do you want to know how to get Soulsucker?

There is no Dried Fingers or their equivalent, but reloading the area will reset the invasion cooldown. If you're using the Red Eye Stone, the status effect "!Soul Drain!" should flash on your screen when you are killed.

NPC_invader

Compulsory Poster
Champion

TSMP wrote:Do you want to know how to get Soulsucker?

No :laughing:.

TSMP wrote:There is no Dried Fingers or their equivalent, but reloading the area will reset the invasion cooldown. If you're using the Red Eye Stone, the status effect "!Soul Drain!" should flash on your screen when you are killed.

Yeah, we are very familiar with that flash by now.

Oh well. We will just level up before dueling. FROM and their crazy bad ideas will never cease to amaze me.