Anything without a home!

Mindbender

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,374.00
Miramia - An Original Fantasy World Built by Creative Minds of Our Community

Miramia now has a Wiki:
http://miramia.wiki.fextralife.com

Inspiring Worldbuilding Playlist (feat Brandon Sanderson)

===
Just wondering if anyone would like to participate in building an epic world with its own history/lore/mythology like the Souls/ElderScrolls etc games. Being a 2D artist with experience from concept/game art I can draw and paint in order to visualize parts of it.

Maybe someone would like to write history/description etc?

In other words: Are there other creative souls here - have read many posts that imply that such is the case - that would like to construct a fictional epic fantasy universe? We can start in this very thread. Who knows, maybe one day a game developing process using this collaborative effort could be started - and a breathtaking continent made for glorious, challenging quests, may rise from the ashes or out of the windswept seas of...

Praise the creativity! :)
Last edited by Mindbender on Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:50 am, edited 10 times in total.
JMB Creative Art, Swedish portrait artist - visit me on YouTube and Facebook

Do join us in creating the Fextralife community fantasy world of Miramia:
http://miramia.wiki.fextralife.com/

Currently Playing/streaming ESO, DS3, DA:I and W3
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,398.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25924
Collaborative world building is great. I'll contribute whenever I can. Perhaps a Fextra spin? Or something more cereal. I'm not particularly inspired at the moment but I'll be sure to post something when I am.
This site is a bonfire. Thank you all for kindling it. "No rest for the wikid."- the eldritch wisdom of Skarekrow13

Forum Guidelines / Wiki Hub / Fextralife Blog / Write for the Blog / Join VIP
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

dn1nd

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 37,559.00
Wiki Edits: 112
I could contribute. As long as I know the direction of writing I could help with lore, dialogue, and narration.

If enough people get involved and it is good enough maybe there could be a fextra game made.

Shop Icon

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 11,058.00
Wiki Edits: 3
I don't call myself Eldritch Imagination for nothing. Ideas are my thing!

Plus I'm pretty good at literature and creative writing (don't let any of my less well composed posts deceive you; I was only speaking in casual net chat)

I need to know what the direction is (comedy, horror, generic fantasy, steampunk, etc.) to start, but this sounds like fun. I would love to help and contribute my ideas to this if and when you start.

I can do lore, story, character, and dialogue. I can't do any form of drawing, I suck at that.
Also, since you can draw, I'm wondering if you could help me with my own little project by drawing some simple works. just some weapon, area, and character designs. I scratch your back, you scratch mine.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,398.00
Wiki Edits: 25924
I've always been a fan of fantasy that involves an involved pantheon of gods. Whether it's something darker/deicidal like the Malazan series, or something more traditional like the Forgotten Realms, I like a healthy dose of those nether realms.
This site is a bonfire. Thank you all for kindling it. "No rest for the wikid."- the eldritch wisdom of Skarekrow13

Forum Guidelines / Wiki Hub / Fextralife Blog / Write for the Blog / Join VIP
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

FinklehurstOfLordran

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,010.00
Bank: 665.00
Sounds like fun. I've always wanted to dabble in writing fantasy but have never found the time. I have some (twisted, dark) fantasy ideas I've been wanting to bust out for a while now.
Each Soulsborne game is a masterpiece.

Mindbender

Addicted
First Warden

TSMP wrote:Well... I can be creative. Is there a particular direction or overall theme you had in mind?

As long as it is epic fantasy (perhaps of the darker kind), in other words technology level = medieval anything (almost) goes.

I once had the ambition to become fantasy author, started building a world and got to page 60 something on my "Chronicles of Eolaad" novel before giving it up. (Wrote it in my native language Swedish though, for obvious reasons :))

Found it too lonely though and enjoy collaboration much more. :)
Last edited by Mindbender on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mindbender

Addicted
First Warden

Great to see such interest from so many creative people. I'll collect anything we write/draw etc in the first post (probably saving a backup of it all on drive as well)

Let's set the theme to Epic Fantasy then and start thinking about names and attributes of the various deities interfering with the mortal realm as well as important characters (rules/legends/creatures) important for the history.

Of course we need names for the world and it's various continents/lands/geographical landmarks etc

Lets try to use English names as a standard, preferably with some kind of symbolic thought behind (for instance the God of water could be called Ripplor rather than Bert)

Let's build a serious, ambitious fantasy world that will take the world (our world) by storm as it is revealed in it's first 8th gen game taking place in it, shall we?

Mindbender

Addicted
First Warden

EldritchImagination wrote:I don't call myself Eldritch Imagination for nothing. Ideas are my thing!

Plus I'm pretty good at literature and creative writing (don't let any of my less well composed posts deceive you; I was only speaking in casual net chat)

I need to know what the direction is (comedy, horror, generic fantasy, steampunk, etc.) to start, but this sounds like fun. I would love to help and contribute my ideas to this if and when you start.

I can do lore, story, character, and dialogue. I can't do any form of drawing, I suck at that.
Also, since you can draw, I'm wondering if you could help me with my own little project by drawing some simple works. just some weapon, area, and character designs. I scratch your back, you scratch mine.

This sounds great! :)