Dedicated to digging into the game's lore. Bring your thinking caps.

Mentaldevil

Souls: 195.00
Just wondering. Theres a undead / human / body lieing on the floor under the bed of chaos. When you attack it the bed of chaos dies. Is it Izalith? This may be very well known but I´m a DS lore noob and can´t find any info on the web. Is there any confirmed information?

Sunbroski

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 317.00
Not a body, it's a relatively small chaos bug. I think it just serves as the Bed of Chaos' main life source.
[img=center]http://i.imgur.com/xZ2sEbd.gif -->
~ Praise The Sun! ~ fade_ontimer();

Mentaldevil

Maybe. I thought it would be something way more important. What happened to Izalith after she created the bed of chaos?

DarkLordRichard

Souls: 75.00
From what lore tells us the Bed of Chaos is a failed product of the Witch of Izalith's Attempt to recreate the first flame to which her and her daughters of chaos were mutated which explains the half-Chaos bug corpse inside the center of the Bed. Which if I may say would lead to it being Izalith in a mutated and Weakened State, Which is why she fights through the Bed.

Psn: Iggy_Darkfallen

Mentaldevil

Good theory. I fully agree with that, as far as I know we have no idea about what happened to Izalith after she failed to create the flame. We just know that she was "consumed" by the Bed of Chaos. Also theres nothing being said about her after this event. Think we can surely say that this is in fact the great witch Izalith...

She seems to be the power source of the Bed of Chaos...she must´ve been under the bed for thousands of years which explains all the roots growing from the Bed of Chaos. It seemed so that it used her energy for doing this.

If anyone has a better theory or even knows for sure that this is her or anyone else just post here!

Mentaldevil

I did some research about the DS lore in the last few days.
in fact now I think this body isn´t Izalith, I´m 99% sure Izalith´s corpse is the corpse at the Caeseless Discharge for a few reasons.

1. You get the Gold-Hemmet black set there. Lock at it´s description, it says the following:
"Worn by the witch Quelana of Izalith, mother
of pyromancy and Daughter of Chaos."
2. Little fact: Ceaseless Discharge goes permanently aggro when you take the armor set. Also it´s staying near the corpse when you first face it.

[Speculation]
I also think the Ceaseless Discharge could have been the brother of Queelana / Queelag. It would make sense...what else should it be? It can´t be just a random boss it must´ve history behind it. If Izalith was the mother of the whole family it would make sense that Ceaseless Discharge is near her corpse.

What do you think about this?

Adherent_of_Cinder

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 689.00
Bank: 0.00
Ehh. you should have done your research before posting.

Yes the ceaseless discharge is a younger brother of one of the witches. Which is why he stands over one of their bodies vigilantly and does not attack until you loot her grave.

Mentaldevil

So why says the description the armor set was worn by Izalith then? What tells me it´s one of his sisters?

Adherent_of_Cinder

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 689.00
Bank: 0.00
That honestly isn't relevant. The point is ,which you know, is that the watches over one of his relatives.

There was a developer interview (translated) in which they said he was the younger brother and that watching over his sisters grave[b] is the only thing to give him comfort.

Thats the point and all that matters. He is watching over a grave. Who's grave gets confusing because the devs say the sister, The armor says [b]The
witch, and The game narrative implies The witch became one with the bed of chaos.

There isn't any need to focus on who's grave it is.

Efreeti

Souls: 36.00
The bug creature under the Bed of Chaos is the Witch of Izalith, or what's left of her. There's one simple reason why I'm confident of this:

It drops a Lord Soul.