Anything without a home!

Reaperfan

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 5,115.00
Wiki Edits: 3
So I remembered we used to have one of these, and upon searching for it to try and bump it I realized that the thread I apparently remembered didn't show up on the search.  So I've concluded that it no longer exists and so am making a new thread!

Welcome to the anime general discussion thread, where we...discuss things generally related to anime.  Have a question?  Ask it!  Want to share an opinion?  Let it be known!  Need recommendations for new anime you want to watch because you don't know what's good?  Inquire here!

Oh, and please keep any details about specific shows in spoiler tags.  We never know who has or hasn't seen what after all Image 

So that's the prologue, and welcome to the thread!

So who else knew that The World God Only Knows got a third season?  'Cause I sure as heck didn't.  Happiest surprise I've had in a long time Image
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
A system error occurred during event movement.
A system error occurred during event movement...

LunarFog

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 0.00
I've never heard of that one.  I'm still waiting for the -gatari series to get another season.  One of my favorites by far 

Reaperfan

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

LunarFog wrote:I've never heard of that one.  I'm still waiting for the -gatari series to get another season.  One of my favorites by far 

If you enjoy comedy shows you should check it out. It's hard to sum up without dropping details, but I would probably describe it as a deconstruction of the Harem genre in that it takes so many conventions and things you'd expect from that kind of show and turns them completely on their head.

LunarFog

Hollowed
Redeemer

Reaperfan wrote:
LunarFog wrote:I've never heard of that one.  I'm still waiting for the -gatari series to get another season.  One of my favorites by far 

If you enjoy comedy shows you should check it out.  It's hard to sum up without dropping details, but I would probably describe it as a deconstruction of the Harem genre in that it takes so many conventions and things you'd expect from that kind of show and turns them completely on their head.

Interesting.  I always hated how Harem animes were always the same.  Should definitely be interesting.  And you should watch bakemonogatari if you haven't already.Here's a sneak peek 

Reaperfan

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

LunarFog wrote:Interesting.  I always hated how Harem animes were always the same.  Should definitely be interesting.  And you should watch bakemonogatari if you haven't already.Here's a sneak peek 

That's an awful lot of blood Image 

LunarFog

Hollowed
Redeemer

It's artistic

Reaperfan

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Latitoast

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 530.00
LunarFog wrote:It's artistic

Thank you for contributing to my gif collection.

Does anyone want to add to my anime to-do list?

Right now I'm on Zero no Tsukaima, after that is Toradora, my friend gave me 2 more to watch, I need to watch Clannad, and adding to that list not only kills my time but also makes my list super big.

Reaperfan

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Latitoast wrote:Right now I'm on Zero no Tsukaima, after that is Toradora, my friend gave me 2 more to watch, I need to watch Clannad, and adding to that list not only kills my time but also makes my list super big.

I've found it's best to simply stop thinking about backlogging shows. Make a list in Notepad or something when a new series sounds interesting so you don't forget about it later, but only actually focus on one series at a time. The way you've got it now, whether you consciously think it or not, you're mind is at least partially putting Zero no Tsukaima simply as a checkpoint to tick off on your way to watching Toradora, with simply being a checkpoint to tick off on your way to Clannad and so on. If you stop thinking about what all you need to watch, you can enjoy that series more (and subsequently watch it faster which leads to new series faster Image)

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 22,801.50
Wiki Edits: 18
I really just watch anime at random. I give it 3 episodes to engage me, if it fails at that point I find another.

Not that its irredeamable after 3 episodes i didn't find interesting, just that, instead of wading through the boring (which is not the same as slow. I understand and appreciate the need for setup) episodes, I could be doing something interesting.
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush