Theory of when and where Dark Souls is set

The place to discuss Dark Souls II

Theory of when and where Dark Souls is set

Postby morte » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:24 pm

What do you think of this? Dark souls II is set in the start of the age of fire after the age of ancients, when the gods are just coming into their power, and it is not in Lordran, but rather, is the story of a person journeying to Lordran to try to join the new order. Along the way, the character seems to run into a crow, a black-haired maiden, who some think is velka, a dragon, and what looks like the painted world. During his journey, he gets side-tracked and helps the gods by slaying the last few pockets of dragon resistance and, at the end of it, he finds the everlasting dragon and can choose either to continue the age of ancients by teaming with him, or can choose to end the age of ancients by slaying him. What do you think?

morte
Obsessed
Obsessed

Souls: 21.00

Register to remove this ad

Re: Theory of when and where Dark Souls is set

Postby DE5PA1R » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:52 pm

Naw.

An Astoran, who has become Undead, must travel to Lordran in pilgrimage. He is beaten and betrayed by his countrymen; he must travel through the deserted wilderness with only the birds to keep him company; he must try to sneak past the lairs of Dragons who have gone into hiding; he must traverse the sea and make port in ghost towns; and he must find hope in a world without it.

Eventually he makes it to Anor Londo, only to find it abandoned and without the warmth of the sun he was promised. He goes hollow and swears his vengeance on his former Astoran countrymen, traveling back and assaulting the nation until he is put down by the young knight Solaire.

You are the Dark Beast.

I've got tons on these.

DE5PA1R
Obsessed
Obsessed

Souls: 8.00

Postby Serious_Much » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:01 am

I didn't understand, so i voted for everything

"You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"
Forum Guidelines- Have a peek
Serious_Much

Souls: 301.00
Bank: 4,619.66

Postby OrangePledge » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:05 pm

My biggest thoughts on this is that they defiantly won't be able to a direct sort of sequel. Since time is all messed up in Lordran we obviously cannot have this happening. I figure the game will either be about post-Gwyn or pre-Gwyn. The only reason I think this is because of the dragons. So most likely the dragons are coming back or you are fighting them when Gwyn started killing them.

OrangePledge

Souls: 0.00

Postby Myztyrio » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:57 am

Sounds kinda lame to me personally, so I disagreed. At this rate, it'd pretty much just be the story of someone like Lauternius or the fat cleric. Although, I wouldn't really mind playing as Lauternius. He's a cool guy. It'd be like a million times less epic than DkS though.

PSN: Myztyrio
Feel free to PM me with any questions, comments, etc.!

Regular Dark Souls II streams take place on my channel at Twitch.tv/Myztyrio. Check it out!

I've also got a Youtube:
youtube.com/myztyrio

Myztyrio
Hollowed
Hollowed

Souls: 255.00
Bank: 1,106.00

Postby User1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 am

I'm torn between I agree and disagree, so I can't vote.

User1
Abyss Dweller
Abyss Dweller

Postby FattyOfDoom » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:03 am

DE5PA1R wrote:Naw.

An Astoran, who has become Undead, must travel to Lordran in pilgrimage. He is beaten and betrayed by his countrymen; he must travel through the deserted wilderness with only the birds to keep him company; he must try to sneak past the lairs of Dragons who have gone into hiding; he must traverse the sea and make port in ghost towns; and he must find hope in a world without it.

Eventually he makes it to Anor Londo, only to find it abandoned and without the warmth of the sun he was promised. He goes hollow and swears his vengeance on his former Astoran countrymen, traveling back and assaulting the nation until he is put down by the young knight Solaire.

You are the Dark Beast.

I've got tons on these.

+1

FattyOfDoom
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Serious_Much » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:00 am

I really hope this time FROM gets off their asses in the story department. Being the guy destined to go around and kill everything is fine, but the loosely based context and lack of any kind of development in this area will probably get boring at some point...

Next time, I want from to mix it up, throw in a spice of betrayal, perhaps a boss fight revolved around killing a fallen (maybe even possessed, POTENTIAL FOR MULTIPLAYER BOSS RIGHT THERE), comrade or significant NPC, some REAL character choices that affect more than just a tiny aspect of the game (eg if kaathe shows up or not... make whole factions of NPCs hating you, NPC invasions of enemy factions, loss of certain shortcuts and vendors).

How about some kind of actual good NPC sidequest/stories.. I mean randomly seeing people is nice enough but rather than feeling fleeting as intended, to me it always came off as lazy/half assed attempt to put in extra things to do (sorry, from)

Anyways, I want more focus on story this time, and please don't confuse what i mean with the lore. I'm all for the flushing out of a world, but that to me is irrelevant if what happens to your character and the changes in the world around you seem arbitrary in comparison.

Rant over, I'm gonna go lie down.

Serious_Much

Postby OrangePledge » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:15 am

Well, knowing FROM I'm not expecting a huge improvement in the story development. Lore is one of the reasons why I still play DkS. This has been said a thousand times, but the whole "not knowing the story" thing just makes the game more worth while. You play through it a couple of times and you find new things that you missed last time etc.

OrangePledge

Postby Serious_Much » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:23 am

I'm not saying we be spoon fed the story completely, I'm just asking there be more of it, and it be more interesting than the 10 year old "imma save the world" deal that both the souls games undertook.

Serious_Much

Next

Return to Dark Souls II General Discussion