Dedicated to digging into the game's lore. Bring your thinking caps.
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
glyphblade glyphblade Nov 10, 2011 2:43 pm
k - in the interests of all the different explorations I have done, all the different playthroughs.. and after wading through rumours and heresay..

I say we compile a list of all known, supposed, found and or disproved Rumours, Secrets and Myths...

I am convinced there is something unique or special in the game that we haven't discovered yet.. either due to the Patch 1.04 / 1.05 fixing Solaires behavior in new game +, the mystery of the pendant also likely tied to new game +, and that the game designer himself has said there are secrets that will not likely be revealed until numerous plathroughs..

So -

1: The Pendant. I did numerous tests, no covenant run, Priscilla with high humanity, no covenant with pendants.. all the various combinations.. and no change within the game.

Rhea has the pendant and if she lives, no corpse in the parish, and she is gone , you fight her in one fo the cells in the dukes archives.. which seems odd.. unless she is bringing the pendant to the duke...?

2: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DarkSouls

Mentions in this link 2 different characters, Patches and Guyra being reappearing characters... and possibly that Guyra is a secret boss, or a secret area in the Duke's Archives...

3 - the area where the first armoured boar is... in the undead parish, take the underground route with the first hollowed undead who is down a hallway... the one that runs from you while two other wait in the corners to ambush you..

In that hallway is a long line of what seems to be a black scratch / blood smear or something.. it runs the length of the hallway it is raised off the ground.. and I swear it appeared in my game on new game +++.. wasn't there before hand..

4 - secrets I have found personally.. If you drop either the ring of Astorias or the Charred orange ring in the bird's nest, the drops will be accepted as if to trade, upon reloading.. there will be nothing in the nest but they can both be found in the opened chest in firelink shrine. Whis is now closed and lootable.

5 - back to Guyra again -

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-/60453895
on the soundtrack, there is a track listed as Guyra or ancient dragon..

5 - a japanese player says a fully upgraded weapon can break down a specific wall.. here is all the area's I have found..

There is in the bottom of the undead burg, with the hollow thieves a boarded up doorway, with a path behind it.. that you can't get into..

where you fight the centipede demon is a huge doorway, just like the lordvessel area, stone, sealed, same kinda crack running up the middle.. you cannot interact with it.. like the chaos covenant shortcut.. but it has no way of opening it..

In blightown, in the middle level where the fire spitting dogs are, and the fire keeper soul is.. in the back and left of the ladder up is a door / barricade of some sorts with a shaft going down... it stands out and looks out of place.. but also cannot be interacted with..

In the depths, there is a walkway above the giant rat but no forseeable way to get into it..

Still working out more secrets, if not to debunk any myths or confirm them.. if anyone has any please contribute here and we can combine everything we know to get to the bottom of this.. once and for all..

Hidden doors would aslo be nice to get a list of..
permalink [delete]
joecamel71 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
joecamel71 Nov 10, 2011 5:28 pm
The walkway above the gaint rat is acessed via a chute behind the undead butchers earlier in the level
permalink [delete]
SlakeMoth re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
SlakeMoth Nov 10, 2011 5:41 pm
Agreed glyphstone. I found that walkway too. Can't remember what was on the body though.
permalink [delete]
HakePT re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
HakePT Nov 10, 2011 5:51 pm
The body has the spider shield.

Also in blightown near the bonfire there is a chest in a area with a chest holding a dragon scale. The area looks like some kind of arena, i was actually expecting a trap/invasion at that point. Maybe there is some secret there too?

Also in Sens Fortress on the bride that connects to the merchant there is a walkway with a balder undead knight and a wall at the end. It looks like a illusory wall but i've never found a way to open it.

The ancient dragon music is played in the stone dragon area, where you join the dragon covenant.
permalink [delete]
Versagen re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
Versagen Nov 10, 2011 6:03 pm
Yeah the blighttown area is weird. I've seen messages that said "be wary of trap" in the room too, but nothing ever happens.
permalink [delete]
Kaiseric re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
Kaiseric Nov 10, 2011 6:13 pm
glyphstone, for those "secret" doors you've mentioned, are you saying that those can be broken down with a fully upgraded weapon? or you're just listing some possibilities?
permalink [delete]
ublug re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
ublug Nov 10, 2011 6:46 pm
More theories:

The Covenant of Artorias and the Orange Charred Ring appear in the chest after dropping them anywhere, and has nothing to do with snuggly. They can both break the game if they are lost, so they reappear in the chest.

But can you drop them before killing Gwyn, so they'll reappear in the chest in NG+?
Petrus's armor is not found in-game, but could there be any way to get it?
The two Pisacas, in Duke's Archives, who drop the Princess Guard miracles acts like npcs. They will not attack you, but if you attack them they'll stop crying and move away from you, even after visiting a bonfire.

Is there any way to get the miracles without killing them?
Hollow Big Hat in Duke's Archives. The first time I fought him I'm pretty sure he was proper hollow (I remember I said 'a twig with a hat' to myself), but in NG+ he was human. Why?
One of the chests in Gwyndolin's chamber is empty, this is the only empty chest in the game? Could there be any way to unlock something to appear in the chest?
Alternate playthrough/Possible third ending:

Playing through the entire game without lighting any of the bonfires, then kill the three fire-keepers before killing gwyn. This will leave the whole of Lordran unkindled, and choosing the dark lord ending should extinguish every trace of fire (apart from the lordvessel).

It would at least make it a more challenging playthrough Image
permalink [delete]
Scudman_Slayer re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
Scudman_Slayer Nov 10, 2011 6:47 pm
i found a hidden wall on new londo ruins on the darkwraiths section its right before the bulding you have to go through to get to the fog gate to the 4 kings
permalink [delete]
glyphblade re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
glyphblade Nov 10, 2011 6:51 pm
I was on many many sites, preparetodie.com, froms sites, and the other wiki.. caught a post, which I can't find of someone saying a japanese player recently said a fully upgraded weapon can break down certain walls..

The pathway I am talking about in the giant rats lair is not the one with the spider shield.. the landing dropped in from the butcher...

it is the pathway that runs across it.. above the higher landing ...

It is a walled and gated pathway that I have not been able to find how to reach in the depths..

yea, the Balder knight guarding the dead end bridge to the tower base.. going to revisit that area again.. There is a whole lot more to Sen's you can see from that bridge.. a huge set of stairs behind the iron golem and his big pile of balls..

The message be wary of trap was likely put there by a player.. offline there are no message using seek guidance as of yet...?

All the secret door area's I listed about smashing with a weapon.... meaning not secret, but sealed.. perhaps a better way to say it.. Sealed doors, I have not been able to break down yet.. as in they still remain possible, yet to be opened..

List of hidden doors, illusionary walls:

1 - Quelaggs domain to the Daughter of Chaos Covenant (kellogs Domain)

2a- blightown, large tree ramp by the 3 leaches, at the dead end inside, leads to a chest

2b - blightown, behinds the chest above, leads to the great hollow

3 - In the catacombs, 2nd bonfire stairs with the trapped Statue

4 - Tomb of Giants, between the second and third slide, the wall can be hit revealing an alcove with a ladder, takes you to the area patches kicks you in.. without being kicked..

5 - Darkroot Garden, raised wall beside the Sealed door - reveales the bonfire.

6 - Sen's Fortress, from the stairs up from the titanite demon party, hitting the wall at the top of that landing

7 - Anor Londo - bonfire level after the archers, room with the fireplace leads to Havels Armoury

8 - New Londo Ruins, after draining, in the area with the darkwraiths, an archway with drop off cliffs / water on either side, you can the walkway from the side... leads to a darkwraith and a chest

9 - Lost Izalith - building surrounded by lava dino's / flaming dragon asses.. need the charred orange ring to reach.. in that building on the left wall as you approach, hitting the wall reveals a Bonfire.

It seems every boss area / unique area has a hidden/ illusionary wall within it somewhere..

so has anyone found a hidden door in:

9 - Duke's Archives - ?

10 - Depths ?

can someone who is in an earlier game or possible first playthrough check this area

the area where the first armoured boar is... in the undead parish, take the underground route with the first hollowed undead who is down a hallway... the one that runs from you while two other wait in the corners to ambush you..

In that hallway is a long line of what seems to be a black scratch / blood smear or something.. it runs the length of the hallway it is raised off the ground..

and I swear it appeared in my game on new game +++.. wasn't there before hand, can anyone see if it's there in a standard game? I might have seen it but forgot..
permalink [delete]
somebody_else re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
somebody_else Nov 10, 2011 6:58 pm
@Scudman
the one with chest and chunk inside? or is there another one
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 10, 2011 7:03 pm
on my last playthrough I dropped the charred orange ring, noticed the firelink chest was closed and could be looted.. jumped in the hole..killed Gwynn, started new game +++ and the chest was empty on my return

I am trying it with Artorias ring tonight..

Big hat was hollow and blue on standard... new game ++++ he was human and looked weird..

possibly a glitch or maybe he gets to become seath..

The 2 crying Pisaca, they've always struck me as strange, and NPC like, are they crying because they know the truth.. or because we likely killed everyone in Anor Londo by that point..

The eggheaded Hollow in the sewers of the painted world, killing him nets you a Pyro Spell.. but he is not aggro to you..

( I have gone to him full egg head and not been able to interact with im either )

The fire keeper in firelink can be revived by the player, but not killed by us.. I did everything to her.. and she still lived..

I have not tried to kill her before Lautrec does though...

I like the idea of the bonfires.. might have to try that.. if nothing else

now thats a challenge.. a no bonfire run...

u have firelink til the keeper dies, anor londo til you kill that keeper and chaos covenant til you kill her..

anyways.. more yet to come I am sure
permalink [delete]
ublug Nov 10, 2011 7:04 pm
Isn't the walled pathway above the big rat just the slime hallway outside the bonfire?
permalink [delete]
somebody_else Nov 10, 2011 7:06 pm
@glyphstone
that bloody line shows just nicely in my NG. went to check since my char was at blacksmith anyway
permalink [delete]
ublug Nov 10, 2011 7:11 pm
The pisacas are also former maidens turned pisacas from seath's experiments, by the description of the giant cell key.
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 10, 2011 7:17 pm
was the bloody line there in the first playthrough.. and also.. it seems like it's not fully part of the enviornment.. maybe it's a graphic glitch.. it seems raised, or oddly out of place..

I'm check the slime hallway again..

soo many things too do.. lol
permalink [delete]
SirTimbo re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
SirTimbo Nov 10, 2011 7:19 pm
about the blight town arena area, I was invaded by a dragon covenant there without touching a dragon invasion symbol (it was not mandred) after looting the chest for the dragon scale (invader also dropped one). Have no idea if server glitched or what not.

Also discovered that the Dark hand grab does not work on the blacksmiths and 2 attempts make them hostile.

Also in the undead burg right before the tower on the steps with the rolling barrel, you can gently fall off the side onto a large ledge area with no way out, don't know what the purpose of that area is, but can see it exploiting the mobs early on and then use a homeward bone for an easy knight kill.

Discovered that the first hydra has a drop off point in front but the ground actually curves around, making it possible to kill the hydra without a range weapon or rusted ring early on as long as you have a reach weapon like a halberd or scythe.

A little known path, once you kill havel and the hydra you can get to sif without fighting anything or passing through the forest cov area if you want to avoid getting invaded by taking the ladder from the lake area.

Some trees in the game are attackable and give XP. Have seen no use for them or seen them ever attack anyone, anyone knows what they're their for?

Mixing ring of fog and slumbering dragoncrest ring, or hidden body and hush spells allow you to sneak up on everything. Mixing hidden body and ring of fog makes you undetectable by mobs unless you're right in front of them in swing range. Have not attempted that combo on bosses making stealth classes a bit more possible.
permalink [delete]
SirTimbo Nov 10, 2011 7:20 pm
Also eye of death drops increase dramatically if you farm them while hollowed. My rate in the sewers was 5 humanities for every 3 eyes of deaths while hollowed. While Human I only ever found 1 eye in 3 playthroughs.
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 10, 2011 7:31 pm
The undead burg area - where the flaming barrel is, that drop down landing , you can drop to another ledge leading the hallway the first black knight is, so it can be escaped without boning / homward spell

The giant trees that can be attacked block pathways that lead to some treasure, the wolfs ring is one, they do no respawn once killed.. I don't think anyways..

The blightown arena area is more like a sewer basin, and it seems like it could have been filled with water.. as for being invaded.. hmm.. we're you in the dragon covenant at the time? Did you kill the guy, get any loot?

that would be epic cool.. that you get invaded by npc's near the dragon scales..

the eyes of death dropping whilst holow makes sence, but you can go to Nito through the coffin whilst human,

the access is only blocked to nito only after you get the lordvessel, before or after placing it.. so long as you have it.. no Nito for you..
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 10, 2011 7:33 pm
Petrus armor is cleric armor.. just equip it and stand beside him.. compare the differences..

On the coins, and Lloyds talismans..

Lloyd is the founder of the way of the white covenant and uncle to Lord Gwyn
permalink [delete]
SirTimbo Nov 10, 2011 7:39 pm
I thought the same about the trees until I found an attackable one in the middle of nowhere... Might be an oversight spawn location.

Was not in the dragon covenant at the time since it was my first playthrough and was surprised since I just had the mandred invasion right before the dragon guy. It was a dragon and not a darkwraith because he dropped a scale and dodged wayyyy too many soul arrows for an NPC. I only killed him because he took the ladder down and I got an easy shot off...

Was never able to replicate it tho so I'm putting it down for now as a server issue sending me someone else's invasion. Not complaining as I enjoy non RoF pvp (not locking on hurts a mage).
permalink [delete]
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
This site is a bonfire. Thank you all for kindling it. "No rest for the wikid."- the eldritch wisdom of Skarekrow13

Forum Guidelines / Wiki Hub / Fextralife Blog / Write for the Blog / Join VIP
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

ublug Nov 10, 2011 7:52 pm
The trees wil sometimes move around, there should still just be two of them.

Petrus's armor, at least the chest piece, is slightly different from the other cleric armor.

I have tried to drop coins into the well in firelink and in the basement, but no luck with either Image
permalink [delete]
Scudman_Slayer Nov 10, 2011 7:55 pm
drop coins in the wells? what is that suposed to do?
permalink [delete]
ublug Nov 10, 2011 7:59 pm
You know, make a wish? lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wishing_well
permalink [delete]
Scudman_Slayer Nov 10, 2011 8:00 pm
make what wish?
"oh please aloow me to get a fvcking titanite slab so i can upgrade my fvcking weapon finnaly >:|" thats hwat i would say
permalink [delete]
wruscle re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
wruscle Nov 10, 2011 8:37 pm
What about the ladder at the bottom of the zig zag run in sen's fortress, right before you go into the room with the mimic and the elevator? I climbed down and there was nowhere to go because of the ball stack. I suspect that a first time speed run to get down there before the balls start going that way would open a secret area. Maybe that huge rooftop area you can see from where you fight the npc with the rapier. Anybody know anything about this?
permalink [delete]
somebody_else Nov 10, 2011 8:45 pm
@SirTimbo
there are two attackable trees, they are covering the two hidden paths and when you attack them (or kill butterfly) they start escaping with speed of snail. next time you come in the level they are simply at the end of their escape route. they never dropped anything for me.

you can kill hydra without rusted iron ring no problem, i had to do that to access ember asap. you need shield and longer sword like claymore or you will be too slow. you only need to waste 2 heads, the rest will simply miss until the end (second hydra is more accurate) and continue with bow.
permalink [delete]
ublug Nov 10, 2011 8:48 pm
I was going to try it on my last run, but I ran straight into the mimic room. When I ran back out again the boulders had started to pile up. I'll try to remember it on the next playthrough, but I'm guessing it leads nowhere, or death (as usual).
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 10, 2011 9:31 pm
I dropped down the boulder hole with only one boulder in it, the first one that you come to..and died... the death was due to a fall greater then fall damage, I didn't hit the ground, died falling..

I will try it again on my next playthrough though for sure..
permalink [delete]
JohnnyHarpoon re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
JohnnyHarpoon Nov 10, 2011 11:20 pm
My guess is it's like Lost and they just made **** up with no answers.
permalink [delete]
vedasisme re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
vedasisme Nov 11, 2011 9:19 am
Living trees spawn blocking a small passage in Darkroot. If you run by them, they will chase you on their wiggling roots, so when you come back they might be standing in the middle of nowhere, but no matter what they can't actually hurt you...I think. As far as I know they do not respawn.
permalink [delete]
Starmonger re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
Starmonger Nov 11, 2011 9:40 am
he means the hallway ABOVE the platform with the spider shield above the rat, you cannot get there
permalink [delete]
tri-edge666 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
tri-edge666 Nov 11, 2011 11:52 am
In the Lower Undead Burg just after you enter the area and going to the way that leads to some hollows with torches are a closed door and someone calls you and say that he is locked... I have the master key and the only thing left to do in this playthrough [my first] is kill Gwyn and i havent found any key for that door yet... Am I crazy or i missed the key?
permalink [delete]
Versagen Nov 11, 2011 11:55 am
You can get it from the undead merchant, it's the "residence key".
permalink [delete]
tri-edge666 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
tri-edge666 Nov 11, 2011 1:26 pm
/\ i said LOWER Undead Burg, and i already opened that door using the master key.... the one i mean is on the opposite side to capra demon
permalink [delete]
Drethan re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
Drethan Nov 11, 2011 1:34 pm
Yeah that bugged me for a while too. You are talking about the door near the twin humanities which is guarded by seven hollows with torches right?
permalink [delete]
Versagen Nov 11, 2011 2:08 pm
That's the one I mean, the master key doesn't open the door but it does. pretty sure
permalink [delete]
Deathwing re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
Deathwing Nov 11, 2011 2:08 pm
and sth about the tail of the bridge dragon : I did a one shot for getting the drake sword today ! I couldnt believe but it might happen for you too ( I used dragon slayer bow ) and with 4 shots at its neck dragon was dead .
and sth else I found out that when you you have ornstein armor the dragon slayer spear out put higher dmg than when you are using that with any other gear ( Im not 100% sure but 99% sure )
permalink [delete]
JohnnyHarpoon Nov 11, 2011 8:05 pm
@tri-edge Versagen is absolutely correct, the Residence Key opens the door and it's a low-level Sorcery trainer inside. Master Key doesn't work.

I also one-shotted the Wyvern with a cast of Wrath of God to the head.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
Digital-Ashes Nov 15, 2011 2:18 pm
Yo, i have a question. In Sen's fortress. there appears to be dead end behind an undead knight. It's around the area where the giants are moving boulders and throwing giant fire bombs at you. Is there an item that appears later or is it just a dead end.
permalink [delete]
dlw1964 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
dlw1964 Nov 15, 2011 2:46 pm
You can't do a no lighting campfire run.
You must light the 1st bonfire in the undead asylum to get the door to open.
You even have to light that campfire on NG+ & so on.
This site is a bonfire. Thank you all for kindling it. "No rest for the wikid."- the eldritch wisdom of Skarekrow13

Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

glyphblade Nov 15, 2011 7:38 pm
So far the sen's fortress hallway with the balder knight guard leads to a dead end, it does give you a better view of the scale of sen's fortress.. but as of now I have found nothing special about it..

I did do a run right to the hole where the boulders go in Sens' fortress.. ran ahead of the first one to come down the hall after walking through the fog.. jumped in the big hole and promptly died.. nothing at the bottom... execpt for the giant boulder that also landed on my corpse..

I have to correct something here.. I had earlier posted you cannot revisit Nito if you have the lord vessel.. you can go see Nito, you just need an eye of death in your inventory.. and obviosuly before killing him.. killing him does not kick you out the the convent btw..

For all new games + the campfire in the asylum remains lit

Farming eyes of death hollowed or human makes no difference to drop rate, your item find is what effects it..

I had the same approximate drop rate while hollow and in human form..

All bonfires also retain their kindling for all future game playthroughs... the idea of a no bonfire run is you start the game with the Estus you have.. and your save point is the

asylum / firelink / painted world / anor londo painted world entrance / Dukes Archive Prison /

These are areas that regardless if you have visited the bonfires.. this is where you will respawn when you die... even if you have not rested at that bonfire..

Someone was talking keys earlier

There are 3 doors in the lower undead burg.. one is the residence key - undead merchant sells it, have you met his girlfriend Yulia?

This key opens the door to free the Sorcerer.. you can hear him ask for help through the door.

The other 2, one is the Depths Door, you obtain for kill the capra demon, opening the door to the depths.

I believe the basement key opens the last doorway, up on the stair platform, leading the shortcut back to firelink and female moss merchant..
permalink [delete]
Rikah22 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
Rikah22 Nov 15, 2011 10:35 pm
How many play throughs have you done
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 16, 2011 12:39 am
I am on playthrough 5 currently

and my latest theory is a bust.. took all the lord souls to Seath, killed everyone else except him, saved him for last.

tried the pendant in the first seath room, and in the boss fight with him... My theory was that since Seath is well Seath the betrayer, that maybe he would offer some kind deal for the other lord souls..

Rescued Logan, talked to logan, allowed logan to go lose his memory, used the pendant and nothing... that was my last idea regarding the pendant...

If the pendant has memories locked away.. that maybe it could restore Logans memory,

afraid to log off / leave the area cause then he'll go hollow....

back to the drawing board as they say...
permalink [delete]
Rikah22 Nov 16, 2011 12:58 am
You will find the answer don't give up
permalink [delete]
JakeTheRattleSnake re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
JakeTheRattleSnake Nov 16, 2011 1:24 am
im new to this and if i started two or three more games i would pick master key just cuz shear size of and im in a rush always...its your how many games you played and u pick pendant? the only one u know does nothing? other then the creator wants u to?

like i said im to scared to start game without some help... but u didnt why? sounds like creator made a challenge and u accepted it, sounds like youve look at every crack in game.

your first mistake is looking for something that dont exist, your second one is asking wiki forum for help cuz we didnt choose pendant u did u had questions needed answered and u went for it. dont lower yourself to ask peaple if they caught a glitch or a guy was standing in wrong place second game..

you need to accept that the creator called you out, u accepted the challenge your failing by turning back asking other peaple, like your lost! the creator is laughing at u and ur worthless skills youve played what 3-5 games and all youve came up with is a couple doors, couple cracks in walls, and salesman being heroes!!!

i think what your looking for is yourself. and you wont find it until you lose everything.i belive in ya take it the next level and leave all us losers on wiki if u get lonely look at the pendant it will give u warmfeeling and remind of a time not so distance or whatever it says

items/ make u cool and populiar we live off levels stat points and victorys

pendant makes you a god of DS set apart from all the others, whatever u find using pendant and all these hours u spent making it happen instead of thinking to much and asking us. look at your doll and figure it out..... i heard you looked everywere have u studied the picture close?? if so keep it to yourself dont quit now, and remember you never want to gwet to bottom of anything always stride for the top
permalink [delete]
JakeTheRattleSnake re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
JakeTheRattleSnake Nov 16, 2011 1:27 am
sorry when peaple get weak and ready to quit and just plain sound like a girl...i start preaching and write weird stuff like i just did sorry guys ive always been like that.....im just looking for some more hummanity
permalink [delete]
Rikah22 Nov 16, 2011 1:38 am
We all get tired
permalink [delete]
Noctes re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
Noctes Nov 16, 2011 2:35 am
Jake, I think you're misunderstanding him. He's just exhausting all of the possibilities. He isn't this weak and desperate person turning to everyone and anyone for answers.

Besides, From Software has been known to hide small little things in their games. It isnt weird to think Dark Souls is any different.
permalink [delete]
Noctes Nov 16, 2011 3:17 am
I noticed something.. after hearing rumors about Guyra (boss from the King's Field series) possibly being in the game, I looked up some videos of King's Field on youtube to see what he looked like because I was curious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N3XNcfCS9E
Take a look.

Doesnt he somewhat look similar to the Drakes?

Just my two cents..
permalink [delete]
Rikah22 Nov 16, 2011 11:48 am
Is it still as much fun after 5 times I was just wondering because I didn't get to ng+ yet
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 16, 2011 4:00 pm
Jake.. I'm confused by your post.. I didn't say anything about quiting... I've been exploring all the intersting theories and idea's and putting all my findings on this thread.

But I am confused about your post, and what your trying to say.. are you angry, or sad, or confused? is it a language thing.. is english your primary language?, is something being lost in translation here?

I mean no offense, just very confused at your comments...

Rikah, the game is still as challenging at new game +++++, in fact a little more so...

Bosses in new game + and so forth are actually easier with Crystal Homing Soul Mass, buffed with rings, and dusk crown does 1,200 + damage.. Wrath of God with miracle boost does 700.., Crystal Ring Shield + Greatsword of Atorias.. will hit for 2,000 damage on some bosses.. so they become more of a quick run and less a head ache..

But regular mobs.. they become near boss like.. for example in the dukes.. the archers hit for almost 50 % health.. the channelers can 1 hit you with their trident attack..

one slip up with a darkwraith and he can chain combo you for 4 hits and you're dead..

as the new game + difficulty increases.. your stats, weapons and damage output does not increase..,. it wil reach a max, even at max level.. which you cannot go beyond..

in new game +, your second playthrough.. baddies get harder by almost 3 times and xp is tripled.. a blue drake in regular game is 500 x, in new game + it is 1,500 xp

by new game +++++ the blue drake is 1,620 xp give or take, it's damage and resistance is that mugh higher.. while your damage output is still the same..

Long post.. but the idea is that the game does get harder and retain it's challenges..

Lastly.. the idea of this thread, this wiki and the whole thing about this game is sharing experiences and idea's... I was lost starting out on the covenants, on the spells, on the finer details of the game...

looking at the kick animation for one... when npc's go hollow, what each boss soul weapon does, the info that you don't have in the game.. and really should be built in.. but it's not..

I don't have a guide, or strategy book, I have the game.. I play the game.. and I figured out a ton of stuff on my own, and or with some help from the boards..

Now I come to the forums for the same reason we all do.. but not to look for help because I'm lost, but to offer help.. to those who might need it...

and in the proccess maybe someone else found something I didn't know, and can learn from them...
permalink [delete]
zxcr1m50n re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
zxcr1m50n Nov 16, 2011 4:17 pm
Theres a walkway next to the white witch, with a big archway, but its covered by stone, seems like it would be a pathway, whats that all about?
permalink [delete]
ublug Nov 16, 2011 4:34 pm
It may just be to confuse players, at least that's what it does Image
It's actually the place where Kirk's corpse will appear, leaning against the "door", after you kill him in all 3 areas.
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 17, 2011 3:14 pm
Not sure what happened in this thread, but the text is all no wrapped and all over the place.. so any way to fix it?

some new idea's..

the natural order of the game after leaving the asylum, is going to the gargoyles, free Lautrec and ringing the first bell..

after the depths, but before blightown, Rhea and party show up and depart to the catacombs, after defeating Pinwheel, and saving Rhea, and returning to firelink..

During this time Lautrec will dissappear as well, upon rest / re load / he is back...

In that conversation he will offer you a secret for souls 5% or 10% of your current soul level I think, he tells you about Rhea in the catacombs and petrus intentions..

when further pushed he tells you he got the information from a priest. In the catacombs, in the area where you drop down on the wheel skeletons, where Leeroy summon sign is.. is a corpse with Priest robes on it..

Has anyone run into a priest npc yet? My theory is Lautrec killed that priest

also if you talk to Petrus then, he will confirm you spoke to Lautrec and reveal his intention to kill Rhea..

near the end of the game, Oswald will say you and Petrus have something in common regarding sin..

Not really a secret, but adding more information here for further thought / analysis..

Has anyone tried a blightown basement Quelagg bell first, then gargoyle bell run?

anyone with a high ranking in the Sunlight brothers covenant, like rank 2, or possibly 3 with a working non bugged Solaire equip the ring of the firstborn and possible white sceance ring and talk to him, use the pendant near him? Visit the statue of the sitting maiden with the baby in firelink behind Frampts?

As always I am thinking of different idea's which might unfold this mystery...

Memory is the key..
permalink [delete]
Solrak_Selarom re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
Solrak_Selarom Nov 17, 2011 3:26 pm
Hey glyphstone... Excelent post, i love when people try to get more from the game... Its dark souls... there most be more!!

By the way, there are actually 3 giants at the Sens fortress, 2 of them are at the top in the normal path (The one with the bombs that doesnt respawn and the one that put in the big iron balls that respawns)... then i first though that the iron golem opened the gate but that isnt true... when you drop to the bottom, to farm the demon titanite, and then go up... just before dropping down to the start again there is a illusionary wall that leds you to the 3rd giant that has chains in the floor (Drops nothing anyway)and there is a path behind him that seens to lead to somewhere... but i couldnt get there...

Another though that has been killing me is that when you start the game and see the INTRO... they mention 4 big characters that came from the flame and participated in the war to the dragons... didnt pay attention the first time i played but after watching the video on youtube i saw it (love the intro btw), they mention gwyn, the witches of izalith, Nito, and then appers a golum type mob(from lord of the rings) and then they say: and the furtive pygmy "So easily forgotten"... WTH was that, who is that pygmy... didnt saw him on the entire playtrough. Im on NG+ rigth now.
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 17, 2011 3:29 pm
hey solrak..

The current theory is the pygmy and the pendant are somehow tied..

in either that you, the player is the descendant of the pygmy and the pendant will somehow explain that,

or using the pendant in a specific part / area will unlock / open / reveal access to the pygmy
permalink [delete]
Solrak_Selarom Nov 17, 2011 3:49 pm
Yeah... but i think that those that came from the flame are kind of "immortals" no!? The witch doesnt exist anymore because she was trapped by that bed of chaos but then gwyn, nito and seath are still there... so where is that PYGMY!!! Hahaha

What lvl are you now!? Im almost 100 and NG+ is easy... i have full DEX+INT char for katana/pyromancy BUILD and the bossess are very easy... maybe you are rigth... the true challenge come when the normal mobs are like mini bossess
permalink [delete]
StriksBH re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
StriksBH Nov 17, 2011 8:55 pm
I'm sorry to say that I don't have anything to contribute to this amazing thread but can anyone tell me everything they know about the furtile pygmy?
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 18, 2011 2:39 pm
Yo, Glyphstone. If you don't mind can you tell me all the theories that've been tried with the pendant? I'm curious and want to do a run myself. By the way, I can possibly try the high ranked covenant theory of yours. I just need to end the my current playthrough (currently at firesage demon on ng++) and do the snuggly trade glitch. At the same time it'll give me an achievement so it's a win win.
permalink [delete]
ublug Nov 19, 2011 4:35 pm
My 'not lighting bonfires' run looks like it has failed. I have killed most of the accessible bosses without ringing any of the bells, Sif and Four Kings are still alive.
I went down to The Great Hollow to pick up some Dragonstones and the Cloranth Ring, and found out that the bonfire in front of the Everlasting Dragon is lit by default Image Afaik there is no way to extinguish that one.

VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

TacoTrooper Nov 20, 2011 12:39 am
I've noticed there's an area ya'll haven't talked about yet. in the Painted World, after you defeat the Undead Dragon, if you walk directly where he was, there's this Thing that seems to be blocking your path. it moves a little, so i think its very much alive. i tried attacking it, but it only makes a squishy sound. does anyone know the point in that?
permalink [delete]
Noctes Nov 20, 2011 12:46 am
Those are its back legs, if Im not mistaken. I believe if you hit it hard enough (with a powerful enough weapon) you can make it stand up and you can see/walk underneath it...But I think the bridge ends with a drop, and that's that.
permalink [delete]
TacoTrooper re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
TacoTrooper Nov 20, 2011 12:48 am
..... Back legs of WHAT O___O
permalink [delete]
Wf2011 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
Wf2011 Nov 20, 2011 4:21 am
Of the dragon. He doesn't need them, he has 2 perfectly good forelimbs.

As far as the Pygmy location goes, it stands to reason that he MUST be in one of the lower locations, be the blight town or Izalith. The reasoning is that in the cinematic his is in a fiery cavern.
permalink [delete]
Siahailatua re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
Siahailatua Nov 20, 2011 5:27 am
Lower undead burg confirmed that there is no vlood in the floor in first playtrough. Hope that helps
permalink [delete]
Siahailatua Nov 20, 2011 5:31 am
Vlood=blood, but you understood Image
permalink [delete]
Siahailatua Nov 20, 2011 6:10 am
Also.. I've heard a lot about the pygme thing.
And it is comonly believed that the player is the pygme, or at least a decendant of him. When i asked hoe they knew they said Kaathe tells you..
permalink [delete]
dominoboy re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
dominoboy Nov 20, 2011 7:17 am
I'm out of ideas to contribute. ALl the weirdest things were mentioned. But I do want to know what the pendant stands for. I also think it may have some connection with the witch's ring and New Londo ruins, but haven't checked no thing yet.
permalink [delete]
Wf2011 Nov 20, 2011 7:32 am
The ruins were flooded to stop the dark wraiths from messing the entirety of creation up. I don't see the connection between the witch, pendant and New Londo?
permalink [delete]
DemonKid re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
DemonKid Nov 20, 2011 8:57 am
Only found 1 hidden wall that sound like you need some special wepon. after defeating seath i saw a message that was behinde the bonfire next to a icey wall saying: attack. It looked weak but i could not distory it with pyro or moonlight sword.
permalink [delete]
DemonKid Nov 20, 2011 8:59 am
Oh, that and the chest that is already open in firelink near the sepant, i've seen alota thoerys about chests so
permalink [delete]
Po1ymorph re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
Po1ymorph Nov 20, 2011 10:10 am
On the subject of breakable wall's.

The room above the bonfire(above blacksmith Andrei) at the Undead Parish.

This room always looked like it should have some significance, there is a alter of sorts, and the wall has cracked/missing bricks, looks weak like it could be broken, and also looks similar to the wall Blacksmith Vamos breaks down in the Catacombs.
permalink [delete]
Shadowpyre re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
Shadowpyre Nov 20, 2011 10:31 am
any check out the dead end in the catacombs close to the black knight with the great axe there is a dead end with a necromancer and skellys there maybe they are guarding sumthing?
permalink [delete]
Deathwing re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
Deathwing Nov 20, 2011 11:22 am
I said in one of my posts that worked on the fake walls in many of my playthroughs . This was what I found : I think you all noticed that when you hit a fake wall there isnt the sound of your weapon hitting sth ( ofc if you hit directly on the fake part ) but if you try this on other walls they isn souns like metal on metal or metal on wood
I tried it on nearly all walls and I found out that there are a few walls that if you hit them there is no sound exactly like fake walls . But I was never lucky enough to go through them maybe a fully upgraded weapon isn't all you want maybe it should be a special weapon
permalink [delete]
TrundleKing re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
TrundleKing Nov 20, 2011 6:38 pm
@TacoTrooper
It's not the back legs, it's actually one of the monsters from the lava area of Lost Izalith, and I dont think it's supposed to be there. if you do the jumping attack and then go through it's legs onto the lower bridge, it causes a glitch in the game. I don't know why that enemy is there, but you can't kill it, and as far as I know none of the patches have fixed this, so maybe it is intentional
permalink [delete]
DoktorJay re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
DoktorJay Nov 20, 2011 7:27 pm
maybe the monsters from the lava in lost izalith are all bottom halves of an undead dragon.. think about that
permalink [delete]
Noctes Nov 20, 2011 7:38 pm
They're just the back legs of previously-living Dragons. Why they're in Lost Izalith I have no idea, but they're there, and there's one in the Painting as well.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 20, 2011 10:33 pm
Those are the back legs of the dragon. If you watch you'll see them break off. First his wing falls off and then he breaks apart from his legs as he crawls towards you. Next game you play approach from the right side without going down the walkway towards him. Also, those are zombie dragon legs in Izalith. Why they're there, I have no idea but they are exactly the same as the zombie dragon legs in Ariasmas. As for the chest behind Frampt it's a restore chest just in case you lose a story breaking item like the charred ring or crest of artorias. Stuff like that. However, the chest behind Gwyndolin I am completely stumped on.
permalink [delete]
Wf2011 Nov 20, 2011 11:04 pm
Maybe you have to do something to get invited into Gwyndolins private chamber?
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 20, 2011 11:12 pm
That's an interesting idea. Probably involves ranking up a lot in the covenant. Damn, I hate that Covenant.

VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Noctes Nov 21, 2011 1:59 am
The empty chest in Gwyndolin's chamber is supposed to contain the Maiden set. But you can obtain it from a cell within the Duke's Archives as well. If you do, the chest will appear empty when you reach it.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 21, 2011 2:02 am
Really? Well, that clears that up. Thanks. So there are no secret chests then. As far as we know.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 21, 2011 3:13 am
So, I took a look around the japanese wiki for anything on the pendant. What turned up were bad translations and a tad bit of confusion but i got something. i found a page and it mentioned Petrus, rhea, and 7 pendant but because its badly translated I wouldn't use it. For all I know it could of been telling me that rhea drops 7 humanity and a pendant.

As for the japanese translation of the pendant: "water off a duck's back."
It's a saying that basically means insults don't affect you. all that makes it sound like is 'the game is hard get over it'.

The other part is this:
"Where there is a parish fire-proof immortal soul of the woman up and down (rare relics)
Remuneration of the woods hunting"

The first part sounds like the fire keepers or their souls. Up and down? I dunno. This is just speculation.
Remuneration means act of rewarding or paying. Basically it says you can get the Pendant from Forest invaders.

So, I am really stumped of the Pendant. i was hoping for some info from the japanese wiki but got nothing. Their may be a connection though to Petrus. Also, I wonder about that Astora knight, Tarkus, and anastacia as they were all together in the one trailer. Maybe a history between them or something. Also seemed liked mr. Astora Knight left and did a hand gesture like "wish me luck" he ends up meeting you but dies.
permalink [delete]
Noctes Nov 21, 2011 3:20 am
"Where there is a parish fire-proof immortal soul of the woman up and down..."

To me that sounds like that area in the Undead Parish where the elevator is leading to Firelink Shrine ("up and down"?). At the altar, thats where Reah's remains are when/if she's killed by Petrus. That's also where you ifnd the first Firekeeper Soul.

As for Oscar (the Knight of Astora in the beginning) and Anastacia and Tarkus, I know the first two are from, well, Astora. I dont know about Tarkus. What does the full description of his armor say?
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 21, 2011 3:21 am
Okay, So the first part: "Where there is a parish fire-proof immortal soul of the woman up and down", is when Rhea dies. i should of done a better look at what are it was under.

*Sigh* So the english and japanese descriptions differ greatly. I just don't get it.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 21, 2011 3:26 am
The Pendant that is. Um Tarkus Armour doesn't say anything about where he's from. Just about his strength.
permalink [delete]
Noctes Nov 21, 2011 3:30 am
Yeah, as far as I've seen, the Japanese and English differences in names, places, items, descriptions, etc etc are slightly different.

For example, the Drake Sword in Japanese, when translated to English, translates roughly to "Flying Dragon Sword". Maybe they just dont have a word for Drake? Drakku Suwadu??
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 21, 2011 3:34 am
heh yeah. I did notice one thing going through the list of NPCs on the site. They lacked one but also had another. They apparently don't have Onion heads daughter but they also had a third NPC for the forest. It was a ninja looking character. From what the translation said it's hard to find him because he has the transparent body spell on. Thought it was odd. I might go take a look. But I have to kill the hydra again and them cats.
permalink [delete]
Noctes Nov 21, 2011 3:48 am
Yeah, Shiva of the East has a Ninja bodyguard guy.. cant remember his name (if he even has one. When you kill him, he drops the Dark Wood Grain Ring, or the "Ninja Flip Ring".
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 21, 2011 3:55 am
Ah, ok. Well, now I know who I get to kill next
permalink [delete]
JohnnyHarpoon Nov 21, 2011 3:56 am
Just watched the prologue again...noticed something stupid but that may be poignant lore-wise.

Watch the Prologue, and the shots of the "Furtive Pygmy's" hands looks pretty similar to the shot of Anastacia of Astora's hands.

Granted they are both shots of humanoid hands...but they are simply depicted similarly, and other potential humanoids (Gwyn, for instance) are not depicted such.

Just sayin'.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 21, 2011 4:01 am
I am currently trying to get a hold of a pendant. On NG+++ and just beat Quelaag. Rhea, by now, should be in the catacombs. So, I need to beat Nito in order for her to move, correct?
permalink [delete]
Siahailatua Nov 21, 2011 4:04 am
Can someone tell me what THE hell that Black phantom npc lobster thing in anor lando is?
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 21, 2011 4:05 am
Lobster? What? Are you talking about those rare vagrant bug like things?
permalink [delete]
Noctes Nov 21, 2011 4:08 am
I suggest killing the Ninja when Shiva moves to Blighttown. That way he wont fall off the cliffside accidentally.

There should be a way to get his ring when you leave and come back if he does, but I cant remember how.

@JohnnyHarpoon: I noticed that too, just earlier today.

Also, take note that we (the players) and most of the NPC's we meet are slightly shorter than average compared to the likes of Gwyn, Gwyndolin, (especially Gwynevere...but thats a story for another day) etc etc. I think we ARE descendants of the Pygmy.

Pygmy is another word used to say something is small, or short. Maybe we all inherited his short gene. Image
permalink [delete]
Siahailatua Nov 21, 2011 4:56 am
@ Digital-Ashes

Dunno what to call it, seems to spawn random in anor londo.
Its small, weak and had the red aura of an invading phantom. Wa nust wondering because there must be something logic about it being there.
permalink [delete]
JohnnyHarpoon Nov 21, 2011 7:00 am
@Digital-Ashes & Siahallatua:

It's a vagrant, supposedly cause by a) A dropped, unrecovered item from another player's world b) An unrecovered bloodstain from another player's world or c) a Gravelord Servant.

Any combination could be true, as far as I know. But that is what it is...
permalink [delete]
dominoboy re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
dominoboy Nov 21, 2011 7:04 am
All above is possible. I'd also add that it may be an invader with RoF that has the recent patch. I was invaded in Anor Londo too once and couldn't see his face but could lock on normally.
permalink [delete]
TibetSandFox re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
TibetSandFox Nov 21, 2011 10:38 am
Has anyone tried to do to everlasting dragon what is said in the intro? That is, attacking with gwyn sunlight spear, chaos storm, and some disaese miasma?
permalink [delete]
DemonKid Nov 21, 2011 12:10 pm
Wow good thread, I bet som1 here wil work it out wait and see

VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

The_Bearded_Man Nov 21, 2011 2:31 pm
Anyone kindled absolutely all the bonfires to max? Maybe something happens with the pendant then.

Also did you know the titanite demon in lost izalith can respawn? I think he's the only one that does so.

A possible clue to the possibility of there being more to the game are some of the pics in the art book. For example there is a fat official (like from demon's souls) riding a boar, a faceless female humanoid gargoyle, a dude with a huge crossbow, a guy with what looks like he's wearing the sunlight maggot on his head (not wearing solaire armor), a black/dark grey heavily armoured knight with 4 red eyes wielding a huge blunt sword and a white chimera.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 21, 2011 2:49 pm
Armoured four eyed knight is Tarkus. You can get his armour and summon him to help fight the Iron Golem. i pretty mucg said the exact same thing about the art book. Bonfire theory is interesting though.
permalink [delete]
Drethan Nov 21, 2011 2:53 pm
By the way, I noticed my post here and that I haven't said anything although I did drop the pendant in front of Solaire.
So here is the confirmation: No **** is happening.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 21, 2011 3:05 pm
lol, I'm thinking of trying it in front of the Sunlight Altar once I get one
permalink [delete]
Drethan Nov 21, 2011 3:31 pm
^ Good luck but my hopes aren't that high.
By the way, what's up with the bell ringing I'm hearing nowadays? Out of nowhere I hear a bell ringing.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 21, 2011 3:35 pm
Oh, that's other players ringing the bells of awakening in the same server as you.
permalink [delete]
Drethan Nov 21, 2011 3:37 pm
Really? That's cool. Thanks for the quick reply.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 21, 2011 3:38 pm
So, I just had an epic 1v1 fight against Sif. Broke my armour lol. Anyway, as I was fighting him my friend was watching and suggested I fight him with the Greatsword of Artorias and see if the resonant with each other. Personally, I don't believe anything will happen but it's worth a shot. (Killed him already though)
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 21, 2011 3:39 pm
@Drethan: No prob.

Also, might want to try his shield too.
permalink [delete]
Drethan Nov 21, 2011 3:41 pm
Sif seems to be in most of the theories. I, too, might give it a shot.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 21, 2011 3:50 pm
Okay, I have a question. After you save Rhea and she dies at the church, if you don't visit her soon enough, is the pendant a sure drop? Or are my odds of getting it better if i straight up kill her?
permalink [delete]
Drethan Nov 21, 2011 3:53 pm
Don't kill her. I killed Petrus first so he was not able to kill her later on and I decided to do it myself but she did not drop pendant. You are better off by letting Petrus kill her. Wiki says it's found where she was praying after she is gone so, it's probably going to be there if Petrus kills her.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 21, 2011 3:56 pm
Alright, thanks. I read that you had to go to two different areas after she appeared at the church. This includes killing the area's boss. I've done that but she's still there. I was getting a bit impatient but thanks for letting me know. So, I'm off to kill the Stray Demon and see if she's gone or not after that.
permalink [delete]
Siahailatua Nov 21, 2011 4:39 pm
I quote:

This is a COMPLETE guess based on Sunlight Medallions and Solaire's crazy sun fetish. He's supposedly the Lord's firstborn, but when he lost his status as deity, he lost his memories. The body lying outside Gwyndolin's tomb is Solaire's original body, which is why it has the ring of the sun's firstborn. What the sunlight medallion suggests is that Solaire is a god of war who lost his divine powers, but continues to watch over his warriors (the Sunlight Warriors, aka Sunbros). I'm making a huge guess that if you can find Solaire's final appearance (I don't think the one outside Lost Izalith is it) with him not getting consumed by a sunlight maggot, you unlock some of the story.

Maybe this is something?
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 21, 2011 11:07 pm
Finally got a pendant. I want to obtain the Lordvessel first and move from there.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 21, 2011 11:09 pm
So, and this was supposed to be part of my last post, can you guys and gals of this wiki give me some info, theories, and tried attempts on the pendant? I'll also be going around finding out all I can. Much appreciated.
permalink [delete]
JohnnyHarpoon Nov 22, 2011 6:35 am
First post-patch post and...

...the description of the Pendant is still the same as the Sunlight Medal.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
permalink [delete]
Wf2011 Nov 22, 2011 7:54 am
That it must be given to who who shoe...
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 22, 2011 11:32 am
Speaking of Sunlight medal, I can no longer get solaire's story to progress in NG+ and up. I summoned him at the Gargoyle's and the Gaping dragon but when i get to Anor Londo he doesn't appear in the bonfire room. I can, however, still summon him to fight Ornstein and Smough. After that he never appears again. Did i miss an area for him?
permalink [delete]
Drethan Nov 22, 2011 12:16 pm
^ Nope, he is bugged in NG+. Or so I've heard.

VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Digital-Ashes Nov 22, 2011 12:19 pm
Dang. That's lame.
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 22, 2011 12:30 pm
solaire is supposed to be fixed with the new patch.. which people are saying came out today?

Lots of theories and idea's all hang on to this patch update..
permalink [delete]
Scudman_Slayer Nov 22, 2011 12:32 pm
stange he didn't apear to help me against the centipede demon and i was human too
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 22, 2011 12:33 pm
Well, it's kind of too late now as I'm past Anor Londo. By the way, I am trying for Kaathe and i realized the Crestfallen warrior hasn't gone hollow yet. I'm at the four kings already so I don't know what to make of it.
permalink [delete]
TibetSandFox Nov 23, 2011 2:54 pm
That pathway where the big rat is in the depths... a bridge above the rat, higher level than spider shield, is just the bridge where slimes drop from the roof.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 23, 2011 10:17 pm
So, I got a Pendant off of Reah, talked to kaathe and had nothing new happen. No new different dialogue and no reaction from the Pendant. Anything else to try?
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 23, 2011 11:15 pm
k.. if you go back to the beginning of this post.. you'll see that Kaathe and Pendant have 0 or nothing, or no effect, or like water off a ducks back..

kaathe and the pendant have nothing to do with each other.. it is only a rumour which has been disproven..

that said.. try anything and everything you can think of

Some things to consider....

The no covenant pendant things has been thoroughly debunked..

damn mythbusters should do a show about this freakin game Image

anyways - No covenant is some rumour, which infact simply makes it easier for darkwraiths to invade ... if you join a good covenant - princess guard / way of the white / sun bros ... online you are not as easy to locate ..

the pendant 3rd ending unless there is a entire secret area (leading theory anyways) which has an alternate method of defeating gwyn, linking the fire, or removing / curing the darksign..

There are only 2 endings.. 2 choices..

Now.. how does the pendant and the story and everything tie together..

I have two theories.. and the game shows you both of them.. one involves a ring and a secret path revealing itself... darkmoon sceance ring

the other is at rank 2 of a covenant access to a door opens up.. which might have been fixed to any rank 2 in any covenant btw.. so far confirmed gravelord rank 2 and chaos covenant rank 2 open the lost izalith shortcut...

Now here are the clues the game gave us..

Reah has the pendant, is way of the white,

Pendant has hidden memories, comforts travellers, Solaire is in definate need of comfort when he gets to lost izalith

The White Sceance ring is a high ranking way of the white ring...

When you get to faith 50, now 25 a dialogue options opens up at the sunlight alter

When you assist players in any good covenant or possibly non you gain ranks / benifits with the sunlight brothers lowering the required faith to join.

the way of the white and the princess guard both have no seemingly way to rank up, all of the benifits are upfront...

I am thinking that if you join way of the white, do a bunch of assists / summons on boss fights you will semi rank up and an area will become accessable / or rank up to level 3 in sunlight bros...

get solaire to the lost izalith shortcut alive... use the pendant with at least a level 2 rank in sunbros, possibly level 3...

and some areas will open up

either - the statue in firelink with have a dialogue option / intearction.. the one sitting on a tree stump with the baby..

more thoughts just to throw down..

rank 3 in specific covenant might unlock area's...

Darkmoon - a secret area in anor londo .. go to the right of the 2 guards outside the doors .. as if you had to go to the silver archer path.. go the pathway leading to the to demons on the landing..

look on that wall which adjoins the landing... you'll see a really out of place archway..

The centipede demon room.. a huge doorway... possibly connected to the gravelord / chaos covenant..

anyways.. sorry for the text dump.. just again.. getting some idea's out..
permalink [delete]
Noctes Nov 23, 2011 11:45 pm
I just kept Reah alive for the first time (shes in Undead Parish, I bought all of her Miracles), and when talking to her, I have the option to join her covenant. It's Way of White I'm assuming.

This may seem like im just grasping at straws here, but what if.. you never join a covenant, until up to that point? Then join the Way of White via Reah??

I dont know, its something. Until now, I never knew she offered to bring you into the covenant.
permalink [delete]
Noctes Nov 24, 2011 12:07 am
...Has anyone actually tried EVERYTHING to kill the Everlasting Dragon?

Gwyn and them were able to kill them all (except one). He tore off their scales with his lightning bolts.

What happens if you try to attack him? What about using the Sunlight Spear miracle? Or What about using Crystal magic? It is Seath's, after all, and he did betray them.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 24, 2011 12:27 am
The dragon is immortal. However, I really do want to put the Sunlight Spear to the test.

@glyphstone: Thanks for the info. I completely forgot about looking at the first post heh. My bad. But yes, I will try those out except Solaire seems to be glitched. Is he still glitch or has it been fixed with the patch?
permalink [delete]
Noctes Nov 24, 2011 12:41 am
Haha, I kept shooting him until his health bar drained completely.. hes not dead. D:

But still, he has no health bar anymore.

I really want to see the Sunlight Spear tested as well.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 24, 2011 12:48 am
I need 15 more Faith before I do that, though T-T. I'll get on it as soon as I can but i just 1000G the game and want to move onto something else for a bit. Next time i get on I'll go kill Nito and farm the baby skeletons with Silver Serpent Ring. By the way, I killed the Four Kings and managed to keep the Crestfallen Warrior at Firelink. I talked to him after getting rid of Frampt but he doesn't say anything new, just complains about Frampt and doesn't move. I killed Seath and he's still there. Did I glitch him or something? Also, i heard rumour of a good ending for Onion Head's story. Is this true or just a rumour.
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 24, 2011 1:43 am
onion knight story happy ending is hard to get.. or he only has 2 endings and the happy him and his daughter live ending is a rumour..

Not sure whats goin on with your cresstfallen warrior.. he might be scripted to leave after darkroot garden / astorias / sen's fortress ..sif possibly..

if you've jumped ahead of the game time line.. by all acounts he should leave when he can't stand the stench and is gonna do something about it..

btw - new game +++++ ( or ng 5) with the new nerfs.. Gwyn is almost impossible to solo...

all of his hits go through your shield, even at 100% block.. not for full amount, but enuff...

still gotta try a couple more tricks.. but damn did he get hard..

if you wanna farm humanity -

the crying maiden medusa at the bottom of seaths prisons will drop between 2 to 5 humanity on average now..

the skelly kids in the bottom of nito's do drop, but they're corpse also dissappear really fast.. or at least they did before patch.. a real pain in the ***..

Humanity farming with rats is much more tolerable now.. I think I made 15 humanity in about 20 mins off them.. whilst farming for eyes of death which I got like 30 of.. I didn';t kill all the rats in the depths only the ones on the way to the basilisks..

lastly - the crazy half snake half hollow guys in the upper blightown drop humanity at a decent drop rate, as well as small and large lost souls..
permalink [delete]
SirTimbo Nov 24, 2011 1:59 am
I tried all magic on immortal dragon at 99 int on NG+ Even did a 3 shot combo (HCM +CSM+ a +5 enchanted great scythe hit) all at once for an over 5k at once hit and dragon did not die. This was pre patch so magic will not kill the dragon, then tried dumping all my magic into him and still nothing.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 24, 2011 2:13 am
Dang. That's. . . insane.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 24, 2011 2:17 am
Wait, Glyphstone, I did a re-read of your post. What archway in Anor Londo are you talking about?
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 24, 2011 3:13 am
the area in anor londo past the winding movable spiral walkway, up the stairs to the big guards on the left is the blacksmith, on the right is a 2nd big set of doors that you cannot open

go around the 2nd big doors.. basically following the run you'd do if you were going to the silver knight sniper, first visit to anor londo..

there are 2 pathways that go down.. one goes to the 2 demons and then up to the snipers..

but futher back is a ledge / landing / ramp that leads to a dead end wall on the bottom of the ramp.. and at the top..

a mysterious archway, with hieroglyphic markings and symbols.. which could relate to a code, or order or hint..

or just be nonsence.. but I figure if you rank up enough in the covenant.. it might open up..

Theres no way that level 3 ranks do nothing..
permalink [delete]
Noctes Nov 24, 2011 6:58 am
If the archway you're talking about is the one i'm looking at, then there's actually another one exactly like it on the opposite side, going left through the small gate doorway towards the giant blacksmith.

Go up the huge stairs, then go left instead of right (towards the blacksmith), make another left down the stairs, then head around to the right side of them. That archway, with the three "protrusions"?
permalink [delete]
mindragon73 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
mindragon73 Nov 24, 2011 7:24 am
I love the idea of even more secrets in this great game!
Could it be possible that using certain gestures in the "right" places could reveal/unlock something? Or are the gestures purely for online communication?
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 24, 2011 11:10 am
I have a feeling that gestures are also triggers for something ingame as well..

though I haven't found a use for them yet...

VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Dustofsaturn Nov 24, 2011 12:40 pm
I'll try some things out when I get home on my person on NG+++ (or was it NG++++) either way I'll contribute in finding out what I can and see if anything else looks odd. (Read through all 7 pages)
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 24, 2011 1:16 pm
best way to track your game playthroughs.. get the copper coin from Petrus each plathrough and don't sell em to frampt... each coin is how many plays..

or track spells, or rings.. cause after so many it does get hard to keep track..

I'm starting playthrough 6 today.. will finally see what happens to solaire hopefully..
permalink [delete]
TibetSandFox Nov 25, 2011 2:28 am
Is it possible to get to the door located behind a broken bridge just before the tower to taurus demon. Just opposite to the black knight guarding a ring.
permalink [delete]
JohnnyHarpoon Nov 25, 2011 2:47 am
@Tibet Was looking at that the other day, too.
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 25, 2011 3:37 am
I haven't found a way to get over to it yet...

it's either there for flavour.. or if there is ever future download content..

or if there is some way to break down doors and walls... which no one has found yet..
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 25, 2011 11:43 am
I think the little archway near the first black night is just for flavour and design. Also, I really don't believe there will be any DLC for this game. Doesn't seem like the type of game to have any. So, I was hoping to find Solaire in Lost Izalith but he wasn't there. I guess i was too far in the game before the patch. By the way, Lost Izalith is waaaaaaayyyyyy too easy now. The zombie dragon legs will only attack if your literally right next to them. I made it through with only killing two. Also, what's with the help hints now like from the beginning? I was in The Catacombs and their was an NPC message on the ground like the ones in the beginning that said, 'treasure' near a breakable wall.
permalink [delete]
JohnnyHarpoon Nov 25, 2011 5:05 pm
Recently just had a thought...

Isn't Gwyn pretty much acting as the current 'Dark Lord'? I mean, he isn't lighting the Bonfire...granted he would be killed if he did, so perhaps he wants it lit but is fearing death. But he pretty much just chills there, bein' the King and fighting off people from getting to the Bonfire...so like, just wondering what the deal is with that.

Granted any answer would be mere conjecture, but just curious as to people's thoughts. Also, I believe this makes for an interesting twist in terms of the game's cyclic nature (You choose the Dark Lord ending, and essentially restart the game in order to fight yourself...)
permalink [delete]
Dustofsaturn re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
Dustofsaturn Nov 25, 2011 6:30 pm
From the great lord set: Armor of Gwyn, Lord of Cinder, who linked the First Flame.
Lord Gwyn, bearer of the ultimate soul, divided that power among his clan before linking the flame. When he departed, he left only with his greatsword, his garb, and the crown, now bereft of power. He kept his crown perhaps to preserve a symbol of the monarch, for its actual power had fully subsided.

He did link the flame and instead of burning he went hollow.
permalink [delete]
Noctes Nov 25, 2011 10:02 pm
Something I want to add: That hallway just above the room with the giant rat (in the depths) is the hallway near the bonfire, with all of the slimes on the roof.

Just in case you were still wondering about that glyphstone.
permalink [delete]
Solrak_Selarom Nov 25, 2011 10:15 pm
Another thing that i noticed is that when you speak with the mage guarding the 4 Kings ( the one in crimson robe) he says that Artorias went lost in the abyss... Maybe thats a clue. Maybe he went lost and you have to search... I tried to run to one way for a couple of mins once lost myself... Got scared and used a homeward bone hahaha
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 25, 2011 11:15 pm
the abyss is a big square / circle room.. you can only run so far from the bonfire until you hit invisible walls and run on the spot... though it's hard to tell what with all the blackness..

though to mark it out with prism stones.. because in all that blackness might be a hole / pathway.. never know

look around Solrak and tell us what you find.
permalink [delete]
Dustofsaturn Nov 25, 2011 11:18 pm
If only you could use the dragon headstone glitch still. You could spew out prism stones endlessly to make a colourful laggy barrier around the Abyss.
permalink [delete]
Dustofsaturn Nov 25, 2011 11:20 pm
Oh and about Guyra some people online have said he/it is represented as the Everlasting dragon for the path of the dragon covenant.
permalink [delete]
TibetSandFox Nov 26, 2011 7:04 am
I thought artorias is buried to darkroot forest. Where the wolf is guarding. That is why you get artorias stuff from its soul. Or did i not pay enough attention?
permalink [delete]
TibetSandFox Nov 26, 2011 7:10 am
And the ring of course.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 26, 2011 10:43 am
I don't ever remember Ingward saying Artorias got lost in the Abyss. I even got Ingward to Firelink and he had nothing new to say. Never went hollow either even though it seemed liked he was as he was always saying stuff, "I no longer have a purpose now that the four kings are dead' or "it's so bright here, i can't stand it' something like that. is it possibly to make him go hollow? Oh, btw Crestfallen finally went hollow after the defeat of Seath. I guess the game finally recognized its mistake.
permalink [delete]
Siahailatua Nov 26, 2011 12:10 pm
Guys i'm maybe on to something, or might kust be a glitch but i found à teleport circle in the catacombs. I just cant do anything with it.. Area with the necromancer and the two skeletons close to the wheelskeletons
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 26, 2011 12:12 pm
explain teleport circle?
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 26, 2011 12:18 pm
if it's a white circle / ring on the ground it is a resonance cirlce.. likely for wrath of god..

If it is yellowy gold like on top of Sen's Fortress after killing the iron golem.. then that would be a teleport circle..

So is it white.. or yellow?
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 26, 2011 1:00 pm
I want to try something with warrior of sunlight but I need more Sunlight Medals. Is it possible to be summoned to fight a boss that you've already beaten? Example, if I beat Smough and Ornstein can i still go back and help others to beat them as well?
permalink [delete]

VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Dustofsaturn Nov 26, 2011 1:33 pm
@Digital Yes, yes it is. I've done it a few times with Ornstein and Smough, and Lord Gwyn.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 26, 2011 1:36 pm
Sweet. wait, you can only beat Gwyn once though in your own world. After that you either light the bonfire or leave to get the endings.
permalink [delete]
Dustofsaturn Nov 26, 2011 1:44 pm
Oh no, I mean I beat Ornstein and Smough and helped there. Don't know why I said Gwyn, sorry.
permalink [delete]
sentry65 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
sentry65 Nov 26, 2011 2:06 pm
isn't the pendant used to decipher the spider firekeeper's "...?" language?
permalink [delete]
Dustofsaturn Nov 26, 2011 2:34 pm
That's the witch's ring. The pendant as of now seems only to release some extra dialogue from some NPC's and to make Petrus confess to killing Reah.
permalink [delete]
darkmerk re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
darkmerk Nov 26, 2011 3:06 pm
has anyone tried to go the sealed door by the centipede dragon after lord vessle is filled? they look the same and it would make sense..
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 26, 2011 3:13 pm
I can. . . actually try that right now. To Lost Izalith!
permalink [delete]
Dustofsaturn Nov 26, 2011 3:15 pm
I've tried it and nothing has happened :/
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 26, 2011 3:15 pm
also, thanks for the info, Dustofsaturn.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 26, 2011 3:15 pm
Oh, nevermind then. Fast reply btw
permalink [delete]
Dustofsaturn Nov 26, 2011 3:20 pm
Haha, I don't have much of a life outside of school. Just homework, staying fit, and video games + forums.

I've smacked it with an Enchanted Demons Great Hammer +5 after placing the Lord Vessel and I've gotten nothing from that wall either... (or did I place the lord vessel or have all the souls...)

There's so many doors and alleyways that are inaccessible it's insane. Like at the Lordvessel placing area if you turn around you can see what looks a like a giant door and stairs on the side leading up to it but it's impossible to get to the sides of it because the jump is too far.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 26, 2011 3:22 pm
Yeah, I know what you mean. The one that annoys me the most is the Lower undead Burg. There are stairs behind plus the boards are different colour than all of the other boarded up places around it. I think it has to go somewhere.
permalink [delete]
Razor2202 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
Razor2202 Nov 26, 2011 3:28 pm
Has anyone ever had Solaire invite them into the sunbros personally? I went to join The sun bros right after the Smough Ornstein fight and Solaire was standing by the sunlight shrine. I decided to chat with him before I prayed at the shrine and he began what was, for me, a new dialogue. He invited me to the sunbros and i joined the covenant through his dialogue, not through the shrine.

After wards he makes a statement along the lines of it will be a pleasure to fight along side me in the coming battles.

Anyone else had this happen? Wonder if its like the Onion Knight, where if you miss just one dialog it will end his story arc then and there or have an impact on how he carries on for the rest of the game. Maybe now that I have had this dialogue for him it might change his fate?
permalink [delete]
Dustofsaturn Nov 26, 2011 3:31 pm
I've gotten that Dialogue before but he just seems to show up normally for me... and die normally to my sword. I tend to only get him up to the Anor Londo point though and get pissed when he doesn't follow me into the boss room so I murder him.

I don't think this will change his standpoint on turning into a chaos bug hybrid. If it does though it would be a major breakthrough.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 26, 2011 3:32 pm
From what I understand it's only if you get summoned a certain amount of times. It will not affect his story but what will is what happens in Lost Izalith.
permalink [delete]
Siahailatua Nov 26, 2011 7:57 pm
@ Glyph

Cant remember sorry, but it disappeared and then appeared again. Bit eert time in the same place. Guess its WotG then never mind sorry...thought i had something there
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 26, 2011 9:03 pm
some new info.. and some old..

Pendant just cause it was brought up.. there is no extra dialogue with kaathe if you have the pendnant.. or not.. he tells the same story

Petrus - looting the pendant from Rhea's corpse switches him from oh where could she be to oh the grief.. but I don't think that is to do with the pendant.. just in game script cause you discovered her dead... go and talk to lautrec and he will ask for souls.. tell you a story, and petrus will confess to killing Rhea..

But likely not the big pendant secret.. I hope

2nd.. Catacombs, patches.. answer no I am not a cleric.. go down the hole.. come back and asnwer NO to forgive him.. as in no you don't lying scum bag.. and he gives you a twin humanities as an I'm sorry.. and continues story line as normal..

3rd - killing both Shiva and his ninja guard if you are a member of the cat covenant... and you kill them in blightown.. kill them.. absolve, rejoin cat covenant.. and the game goes on as normal..

4th - you can be summoned to cat covenant forest hunters if you are undead , hollow, no humanity... I suspect the same for the dark moons too..

more as I find out more of couse.. playthrough 6... is freakin hard as hell..
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 26, 2011 9:06 pm
I can clarify some of this. The parts with Rjea, Petrus, and Lautrec have nothing to with the pendant and is normal story between those three.
permalink [delete]
JohnnyHarpoon Nov 26, 2011 9:17 pm
I got dialogue where Petrus admits to having abandoned Rhea and tells me that if I find her in the Catacombs I could do anything I want with her...never heard him confess, though.
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 26, 2011 11:48 pm
well he more so validates Luetrecs story..

Ole Lue will tell you him and Petrus hatched a nefarious plan in the catacombs or some such.. and Reah was left for dead..

Petrus will then say oh you talked to Luetrec.. and go on to say Reah is a prissy defensless maiden and he doesn't really like her...

fast forward.. Reah is saved, at the parish praying.. and then is dead.. 7 humanity and a pendant later...

Go talk to Pete.. he'll feign grief.. attack and kill him and loot the ivory talismon.. (option, but the ivory talismon is a female maiden way of the white talisman..)

Go visit oswald.. and he will ask if you know petrus, cause he's all drenched with sin..

so yah..

VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

glyphblade Nov 27, 2011 1:39 am
all the pendant stuff is covered on the first page or two of the thread.. or at least whats been found out so far..
permalink [delete]
Drethan Nov 27, 2011 11:51 am
@Digital-Ashes
You got Ingward to Firelink? Wat? He goes to Firelink?
permalink [delete]
Drethan Nov 27, 2011 11:57 am
Just read he moves to Firelink if you talk to him after you defeat Four Kings. I was not aware of this.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 27, 2011 12:05 pm
Yeah. Just talk to him after you beat the Four Kings. he'll say something like "You beat the Four Kings? Marvelous. I guess I have no reason to be here." and he leaves. He'll appear in the little hallway behind Big Hat and his Apprentice at Firelink
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 27, 2011 12:06 pm
Whhops, didn't see your second post.
permalink [delete]
The-Ringmaster re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
The-Ringmaster Nov 27, 2011 12:21 pm
You know what I always found weird was that underneath the Iron Golem their is a long hallway that has a balder knight guarding it. At the end of the hallway is a a open bridge with a wall covered in bricks. I have a feeling the developers don't make things for no reason and they definitely don't make dead ends unless their is an item to be picked up.

I am going to try attacking the wall with a fully upgraded dragon bone fist and see what happens.

I also get the impression that there is more to Sen's fortress than we are able to see. I stumbled across the secret passage to the giant that opens the gates and you are able to get a closer look at these areas that you can only see and I noticed some suspicious looking archways that had been covered in bricks.
permalink [delete]
G.Fischer re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
G.Fischer Nov 27, 2011 2:57 pm
My friend and were off to go fight arttorias when we were invaded ( by cat covenant ) when we spotted the enemy he was far a way so we figured we would he tord the boss when we saw this BP like crab (it was small ) that shot some kind of arrows, what was this, is it a secret monster, if u have seen this monster PM me please.
permalink [delete]
Dustofsaturn Nov 27, 2011 3:00 pm
Some people on here have experienced it. It's called a vagrant. Most say it looks like a crab. I for one don't exactly know what it is.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 27, 2011 3:01 pm
It's crab like. I havent encountered one personally but I've seen pictures. It has something to do with people who haven't reclaimed a bloodstain.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 27, 2011 3:15 pm
I have an idea, more of a question. We all know those two crying squids in dukes Archives correct and the miracles they drop? Has anyone tried the miracles in their vicinity to see if it has an affect on them?
permalink [delete]
Siahailatua Nov 27, 2011 11:15 pm
Wow thats a really good idea, because thats something that is already visuable and auditif strange. Unlike all the walls and stuff which i think are just there to drive us nuts and nothing more Image
permalink [delete]
Noctes Nov 27, 2011 11:38 pm
Vagrants appear in other worlds when someone in that area in THEIR world drops an item or a large amount of souls.

There's two types: good and bad. The bad ones look like crabs. The good ones look more like eggs. The bad ones look like a hatched version of the good.
permalink [delete]
Noctes Nov 27, 2011 11:47 pm
And as for testing out those miracles, I would, I was planning to, but I dont have enough Faith to use them. They require 35 and 45 faith. Mine's only 30. D:

You also need to be in the Princess' Guard covenant to use them if im not mistaken, which i'm not.
permalink [delete]
Firemann28 re: All dark Souls Secrets... lots of spoilers..
Firemann28 Nov 28, 2011 12:02 am
Hwy guys read your entire convo and i think you guys are on to something. exactly what that is yet to be announced. I came across a blog a fews days ago from a guy who wrote that he had found a secret in the duke's archives that lead him to a guyrus boss fight. He layed out step by step what he had done to get it. However i dont know if its true or not. what really intrigued me was that the blog was taken off the internet hours after i had read it. I wish i had saved the steps mentioned, but i do rmember a handfull of them if you'd care to hear them. and your suggestions are very similar to what this guy had wrote. on a side note, has any one lured the centipede demon to that giant crack in the wall and let him attack it himself? just a thought.
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 28, 2011 12:11 am
I say lay them them down. I am curious about this.
permalink [delete]
Dustofsaturn Nov 28, 2011 12:14 am
The centipede demon thing would be interesting to do... If I ever want to try a 6th play through I might try to get him to do that.

But yes please list the steps you can remember, it may benefit us all Image
permalink [delete]
glyphblade Nov 28, 2011 12:17 am
if the dukes archives secret boss Guyra was on the preparetodie forum.. it was a joke/troll/ idea.

the loop hole in it was to get to the dukes by not dropping / placing the lord vessel.. the whole steps are were not possible if you picked it apart through the game progress..

in my current run I plan on being princess guild when I go to the dukes.. and using those two miracles in the area..

some other idea's failed and tried..

Punched them/ used fore so no damage so they scurried to the exit by the wheels.. it's a ***** to get them there.. but they don't change it they go outside the pen / cell..

punch them into the cell that logan was in... also no change and they won't go through the door into the prison..

I have cast every spell at the gears, the walls and the cell.. every pyro spell and nothing..

I have cast the pyro spell that makes enemies your friend on the two cry pusses.. see what I did there cry and octopus..

anyway.. spell has no change..

only thing I didn't do.. princess guild and cast the miracles..

so thats the last one to try..

the centipede into the wall.. I will also be trying that this play through..

though again, cast every spell.. hit it with every weapon fully upgraded..

I have also fully upgraded to +15 the pick axe.. and hit and smashed all the weird doors / blocked paths.. and nothing happened...

using the pickaxe cause the skelleton blacksmith used one to smash open the wall in his forge ... he also sells homeward bones now..

SO.. the area's eitehr have hit points.. as in do enough damage to them...

or they don't break at all..
permalink [delete]
Digital-Ashes Nov 28, 2011 12:28 am
oh, I know what theory you're talking about. Yeah, it was full of holes and way too long winded for it to be actual.

I could easily do the princess guard now but I don't want to abandon the sunbros yet.
permalink [delete]
Firemann28 Nov 28, 2011 12:32 am
ok besides the fact that its even real it went something like this:

1. have the pendant as a starting gift (no brainer)
2. kill petrus right off the bat so that he cant kill rhea afterward.
3. do what u need to do to ring both bells and obtain the lordvessel
4. do NOT talk to framps
5. do NOT join any convenants
6. kill the 4 kings and join the darkwraiths by talking with kaathe.
7. go into tomb of the giants and find rhea with her 2 hollow buddies. kill them.
8. when she returns to the altar in the church, purchase all her miracles.
9. eventually she will go hollow and u will have to kill her at some (which i have never done maybe one of you can shead some light on that)
by doing these steps and others that i cant remember apparently the ability to "use itme" for the pendant will be available and by using it in the dukes archives in the room with the giant gears a wall will open and lead you to a boss fight with Guyrus.

I have my doubts but i hope this helps in some way because i would love to find some hidden **** that makes this awesome game even more awesome.

*side notes* maybe the secret breakable walls that no one has found may be only broken with a fully upgraded weapon from that specific place. ex. +5 crystal weapon breaks walls in dukes archives. +5 chaos weapon breaks walls in lost izalith. just a thought. AND has anyone ever summoned solaire for the gwyn boss fight? apparently you can if you summoned him for all his boss fights and if u saved him in lost izalith by taking the shortcut through the giant door.
permalink [delete]
Firemann28 Nov 28, 2011 12:35 am
AND you have to kill princess gwynevere and make anor londo go dark.
permalink [delete]