Dedicated to digging into the game's lore. Bring your thinking caps.

BrunoWH

Souls: 90.00
Hello guys! 'Tis my first post here in the archives so hello everybody.

I'd like to talk about Seath for a moment, and I'm here more for my doubts than to bring a theory. Here we go grab your popocorn for the discussion (;
Let's start from the basics: Seath is the dragon wich we don't know why or how was born without the Scales, wich causes the dragon to be immortal. Upon betraying them, he becomes duke and got himself a part of Gwyn's Soul and a place on Anor Londo intend to his research. We know the he becomes deeply obcess with immortaly and starts to research about it. There's one problem: he's blind. Being blind makes it a huge problem since he needs to read and to do research on books, and he can't watch other things so he manage to get the Six-Eyes mages as servants who became his eyes.
*I'm getting to the part of the pendant hang on*
We know that he tries to become undead, and many of his research is about it (He knows how to cut off a bonefire, I believe the only thing he's afraid is undead because he knows them really well, so when you get to him he instantly kills you and locks you for you to become hollow, he has the abillity to curse you) and we manage to see Seath's hand where there are undeads: in exception of the Archives, we see the Six Eyes mages only in the places where there are undeads, the Undead Church, the highest point where there are undeads to the lowest point in the Depths, so we see that Seath is keeping and eye in "the whole area" so to speak, and in between the 2 bells which is far interesting. There's another one other area where you can see his hand, and that's where I start losing myself in the lore: Darkroot Basin.
One of the first bosses is a Moonlight Butterfly, a creation of Sif. Now, we only see them at the Crystal Cave, wich there seems to be a nest or something like it. What would be a creation of Seath doing in there? I also believe, and here's where I want to discuss, that the Crystal Golems are creation of Seath, or at least he kinds of uses them in some way, since Seath become madly obsessed with crystals (the whole Archive is crystal undeads and crystals everywhere; the Crystal of immortality and etc), or the Crystal Golems are at least creatures of the Crystal Cave wich Seath found there. Anyway, I believe there are relations with Seath ~ Crystal Golems. And we see a lot of crystal golems AND a moonlight butterfly in darkroot basin.
Ok, now talking about the pendant. The only part wich has the crystal golems all over there's a huge Hydra in it making it nearly impossible to get to that area (at least in the beggining of the game or not to advanced players), like a monstrous guard. Upon killing the Hydra, you can get to, for me, one of the most mysterious things in the game: the golden golem. They seem slightly different, are somehow stronger, and they usually have a prisoner (Sieglinde of Catarina, Dusk) with the exception with the one at the crystal cave, wich I presume guard a body of someone who was imprisioned within the golem and died or was just the golem in his natural area where Seath took him to special experiements since they are stronger than the blue ones. Now, the golden golem of Darkroot Basin cointains Dusk, trapped within the golem for a long time. Why is she trapped inside a notorious creature of Seath's forest? She seems to me probably kidnapped just like Catarina was or Gwynevre's maiden, but Seath do not seemed to do some research with here even tought she has amazing and different magic, but instead hid her and put a monster and golems in protection. I got this idea that by killing the Hydra you get a Dragon Scale, which is strange since Hydra and Dragon are things quite different, and so it would need to be a kind of experiement wich some creature close to it, like a Drake that's quite near the place.
Finally, the broken pendant wich Manus sought so much is who? Seath. With his golem. I just cannot believe that this is all coincidence, just 'cause the golem sensed some magic power he "got" the pendant from I don't know what the hell where, but it seems to me more like Seath actually has the Broken Pendant and it is not coincidence.
So, why does he has the broken pendant and why does he traps and hide Dusk? What is the connection between Manus and Seath? Does it has anything to do with the look for being Undead and Manus, being possibly the pygmy AND father of the abyss?
Most of this is my theory, of course, but I just feel there's something about Seath and Manus that makes a relation to this that I just talked and I can't find ://

Anyway, I'm totally up for discussion, approvals and denials and theory and whatsoever.

Sorry for the long post

MrMadJackTheJester

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,430.50
This raises a massive plot twist. I always wondered what the hell the Broken pendant was doing there. Could it be that possibly Manus and Seath have made each others acquaintance? Dusk was supposedly something Manus loved, and somehow Seath got his hands on her. The Broken Pendant (Which Chester once had, Or he has the missing chunks of it) mysteriously appears on a golem after freeing dusk. Could that Golem be imprisoning Chester's Corpse?
Confederate!

BrunoWH

Souls: 90.00
Hum... there's still some things I don't get. Why do you get a broken pendant after freeing dusk? Supposedly it's Chester's body indeed, with the other half of the pendant, but he's long dead probably since he does not appears at the normal game. But still, what is the relationship between Chester and Dusk? 'Cause only after freeing Dusk that the pendant appears (maybe this is also just game mechanics but I doubt it). One thing I also wonder is: did Manus rapture Dusk at the present time after you freed her or during the past days? And why would he do it? The only reason I see is that he's looking for a exchange: the pendant for the princess.

MrMadJackTheJester

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,430.50
It may be because that by freeing dusk, you are essentially freeing her from the thing keeping her safe from his gaze, and he prizes her more than the pendant, but he still wants it terribly so. By doing so you allow him to gaze into the players time, and rip her back into the past (its obvious he is able to time travel, if he's able to make you do so) and also taking Chester, perhaps by accident (he may of just been passing through, or maybe he took chester for a reason) and Chester just so happened to of had a half a pendant on him. Maybe Chester lost his half, and he thought he still had it, but the body that god trapped inside the golem actually had it, which would eventually become him (Because Seath's influence on Oolacile happened after Manus was slain, and possibly Kalameet, because even Gwyn was afraid to interfere with Kalameets existence.) but when you take it, you are within Manus' view, and he takes you to his time when you find his rapture in time. Essentially you save Dusk and Chester from ever being encased in crystal, but you also end up getting Chester trapped in the past, which leads to him being finished off by something else, likely you.
Confederate!