Anything related to Dark Souls!

Petyr_Baelish

Souls: 100.00
I've seen some interesting stories about people starting to play DS 1 and as a newbie I feel like I want to share my experience as well.

Just a little bit of my gaming history before I start with DS 1... I started playing couple years ago CS 1.6 (pretty calssic one) and loved FPS shooters ever since... But then I decided that it's enough after few thousand hours of playing those shooters. Then I discovered LoL so another classic one but didn't stay long on that. Just about a year... Right after LoL I discovered Skyrim and one not well-known MMORPG and it was love on the first sight (even though I never finished Skyrim story line)... But for some reason I stopped playing Skyrim and was fooling around with FPS shooters and MOBA stuff... And then it happened I saw some gifs from DS3 and thought like yea looks like pain and fun and then I watched walktrough of DS3 on Youtube and in that moment I knew I wanna play the hell out of that game... Sadly I figured out that DS3 probably wouldn't really run on my PC so I decided to stick with DS 1.

As I mentioned before DS looked like pain and fun and hell yes it was lot of pain in the beggining. First I was playing without DSfix for couple hours and that was horrible but I didn't know that DSfix existed... So then I installed DSfix and DSMfix and finally it was playable... Then I almost lost my **** when I was in Firelink Shrine for 6 hours trying to figure out how to get somewhere else. Dumass me did not see the path that goes up to the hollows so for good 5 hours I was stuck at killing skeletons and then dying in catacombs (for the record I never got to the actual Catacombs... I didn't see those doors on the left in that pit on the beggining of those Catacombs). So I don't really have to say that I am real casual... Then when I figured out that thats definitely not way to go I decided to try New Londo Ruins and immediately regretted it of course... And finally after 6 hours real gameplay started for me when I finally figured out where to go. But as I learned pain just began... Lucky for me I am pretty chill person when it comes to gaming (no rage QQs or flaming even online) so after raging so much I was ready to kill the whole world I started enjoying it and I learned what patience is (of course rage was just inner one because I sucked hard). So after I started enjoying it actually and I played to chill after work or on weekends it got all smoother suddenly... Of course there was a lot of struggling with minor things like Humanity... Of course I had no idea what it is, what it is for and how to get more... Also weapon stuff and leveling stuff... I wont even start on that... I was leveling random stuff back then... But after I finally got out of Firelink Shrine and got to second bonfire the fun began (at least for me) ... This will be the end of part 1 since I am at work and it's time to go home (not to play DS 1 today haha). So I will write second part of my DS 1 experiences so far. But as you can see even tho struggle was real I love this game very much and I love to share my experience with anyone who would listen... So see you guys tomorrow in second part. Praise the sun!
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 177.04
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 459
Welcome aboard, and no worries. We all had our "probably shoulda caught that sooner moment" I'm sure.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Grehym_Blak

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,896.00
Wiki Edits: 1
skarekrow13 wrote:Welcome aboard, and no worries. We all had our "probably shoulda caught that sooner moment" I'm sure.

Mine was most terrible, and it went back as far as Demon's Souls. I played both in a media vacuum, didn't know about this great Fextra community or any of the others, just played, thus I wasn't aware of many things. Most terribly, the "META", so most of my time in Lordran was spent in solitude because i unknowingly leveled beyond the meta cluster. In a way it probably enhanced the setting of the game, after all, that's the "soul" of these games. Perilous attrition of perpetual death through a time forgotten land, with chances for camaraderie few and far between. Now I'm playing thru Lordran again and wishing there were more lost souls to play with.
"Death is light as a feather, duty heavier than a mountain." RIP R.J.