Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Dorkmoon

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 50.00
I'm really surprised this and the Warden blades don't have more comments. While everyone's losing their minds over the Carthus and Follower's Sabre, which don't even have a stunlock combo; these while buffed with a 60 caliber weapon-buff actually have a "touch of death" combo.

Wolfyre

Casual
Convict

Souls: 61.00
Wiki Edits: 9
The problem is they are really slow when dual wielding with the L1 combo and have a very short reach. It's so easy to get punished by anyone with a longer ranged weapon then you. The other curved swords in general have much better range and better speed for the R1 and for the two handed mode as well. Outside of PVE there is not much use for the twin blades unfortunately.
they are short but i think they're pretty fun to use on my dex build, not a horrible pvp weapon. they have a higher AR than the sharp warden blades.
I disagree. Unless your opponent keeps their wits about them and doesn't let you hit an R1, they are as good as dead. Particularly low health phantoms. I'm currently using them on a 60 int 40 dex and clocking about 950 per combo (R1, L2, R2)

Wolfyre

Casual
Convict

Souls: 61.00
Wiki Edits: 9
I think the new patch may have made these and the Warden Twinblades more viable then CCS and FS. The latter are still great weapons but with nerfs it allows more fringe weapons like the curved twinswords to come into the spotlight.

Dorkmoon

Addicted
First Warden

It's been half a year but...I'm sorry, I cannot in any way shape or form fathom how you can see these things as "fringe" or unviable "outside of PVE" even before the patch. People were destroying ganker squads with these things on stream with relative ease when DMB buffed, and they're even better now. I also can't see how you can say they're "slow" when dual wielding when they have one of the fastest dual wield L1 combos in the game.

Like, what?
@09 JUN 2017 The L1 is significantly slower than most meta weapons' R1s making every trade in the enemy's favor since you're only going to get one of the hits, and if you're using this for R1s you might as well grab the Pontiff Knight CS or Scimitar. These aren't bad weapons; I personally do think they're underrated. But the fact of the matter is that this is just the glass cannon weapon of Curved Swords, like the Onyx Blade is for Greatswords or like the Lothric Knight Greatsword is for Ultra Greatswords. You trade something in return for ridiculous damage and that usually doesn't work as well when your opponent realizes what that something is.
dude, these are totally designed after Russian and Cossack shashka swords.
That's what I was thinking when I saw them for the first time
This thing got a serious buff :oo
how so?
@03 APR 2017 the buff wasn't directly to the weapon but rather to the Sharp infusion which was massively buffed, SS Twinblades already did crazy DPS before that but now they're almost undebatably the best PvE weapons
These things are so fun to use.
These are the famous, if not LEGENDARY OK DAVID blades. no hit streamer davidtankre used these ones, so did faraaz khan, so did squillakilla and squilla did the world's first no hit run with all DLC using these blades. Just the best weapon of the game : you can have it from the beginning of the game, it double buffes (especially good for the dancer), it do tons of damages for not too much stamina. play a full dex build and be sure you'll wreck anything with this.
Who?
And thats the problem. The game became too freaking easy with those. Even reinforcing them is cheap coz you use the standard scales.

Dorkmoon

Addicted
First Warden

And after half a year, and being on the later end of this games' patch update lifecycle and talk of Bloodborne 2 at E3 (if it turns out to be the case, we'll see.) and this page is still quiet. I kind of think its a miracle considering how good this weapon is, and how versatile it is. I find myself always having it as a backup weapon on most of my characters, if not a main weapon.
No one ranting about how this weapon is bad or cancer! This is a first for any DS3 weapon. Bravo!

fantasy4z

Souls: 55.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Dex build + sharp + L1 two-handed = DPS beasts. My favorite weapon.

SirCranburry

Casual
Convict

Souls: 80.00
Wiki Edits: 3
How do so many people think this weapon is good? It deals to little damage per hit(s) and has so many recovery frames between L1 attacks
Because R1/L1 into weapon art is deadly.
The weapon art is a 3-hits combo. It's deadly AF.
If i make this sharp with Darkmoon Blade/Lightning Blade, is it worth the investment.