Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

The messengers seem to be inspired by Berserk as are many aspects of the game as shown in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_E1ZbJlB8E
This video discusses the messenger at around 6:50 in the video but I recommend starting at 6:08 for the full discussion on Berserk should you wish to watch this.
Accessory worn by messengers playing make-believe.
The insight shop is outside the doors on a cliff, not behind the workshop.
I have 67 insight and still can't purchase anything from Stump messengers. I always played offline but has gone online after reading this post. Still not working. Can you help? I've killed all bosses but Gehrman, don't know if this means something.
The insight shop is outside the doors on a cliff, not behind the workshop.
because you are a *****ing *. go to the correct messenger bath. stop asking for someone to hold your hand.
No
I have 10 insight and the messengers wont show up, does anyone know why?
Yes, sorry, just a word error i'm not English mother lenguage. Anyway i just have the skins or exit options, no shop.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 260,556.49
Bank: 7,492.71
Wiki Edits: 19637
It is not the stump messengers who sell you stuff, it's the insight shop messengers. They are on an alcove next to the workshop building in the hunters dream
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 260,556.49
Bank: 7,492.71
Wiki Edits: 19637
You cannot shop at the skin messengers. You only go there to make them wear what you have found for them. The insight shop is near where you meet gehrman
Idot you can buy shards and chunks from the inside messenger. Your all *****ing retards.
Can we buy back items we sold?
you can avtually BUY TWIN BLOOD STONE SHARDS from the messengers, but you need the cosmic eye watcher badge, you can get this from a dead bodie in the upper cathedral ward in one of the thin corridores
The price of some items increase inded, trowing knife went from 100 to 200 and now they cost me 450 im blood lvl 35 at this moment
The price increase first, when you kill amylia, and the nighttime start, the second increase, is after rom boss fight and the moon glows red.
Why are you moaning about it? "Owwwwh whaa!!! I can't even kill enemies to get blood echoes!" Git gud.
NO OME WEARS HIS CLOTHES LIKE GASGOIN
KILLS THEIR WIFE LIKE GASCOIGNE
BUTCHERS NOOBS LIKE GASCOIGNE
the prices on the blood bath messengers double once you go past the door after the gascoigne fight
Cute
Pretty sure one of the bath messengers is trying to sell you an estus flask
The messengers, when viewing the death spectre, can be heard sobbing. It's as though they are mourning the death of their hunter.
Woops, I just posted a comment saying the same thing... Hopefully someone will add it to the Trivia section soon

Enkidu17

Souls: 50.00
Just some insight I wanted to share: The Brain of Mensis and heads of Winter lanterns show messengers acting just like Leukocytes (white blood cells) gathering round and engulfing "invaders" or foreign bodies in the nightmare. This correlates nicely with with the opening cinematic where the beast (representing the scourge, carried by erythrocytes) cannot touch the player and the messengers gather round to protect us. I feel this also supports the theory that the player hunter is anaemic (paleblood)
But why would the messengers be dead, then? I think it makes more sense that the Messengers are representative of the will of the ancient Pthumerians, as the Doll says herself, and that enemies like the Brain of Mensis, Winter Lanterns, and maybe even the Crawlers are symbolic of the decay of "pure" ideology.

The Pthumerians were once protectors of the Great Ones, but eventually they began to see themselves as designated rulers, like the Pthumerian Queen. This was the original "Corruption" that carried into their descendants, the Vilebloods. The Messengers hail from the time before this Corruption.

As for your mention of anemia, why would the Hunter be told to seek more anemic blood to cure their anemia? Not to sound rude, but I highly doubt the Hunter would already be in possession of Paleblood.
Miyazaki said in an interview in the official guide that "paleblood" is a metaphor for the colour of the sky once the ritual is broken (after you defeat Rom). It's meant to add to the mystery, because it's not talking about actual blood. I like the idea that the hunter is anemic though, or otherwise seeking actual blood that might be pale for whatever reason. Certainly a good explanation why he's lured by the message, because the period the game is inspired by predates full working of blood transfusions. He/she could be under the misguided impression they need one.
*full working knowledge
And Paleblood is also another name for Moon Presence.
I have some trivia to point out!
After spending time in the Hunter's Dream with headphones on, I noticed strange crying. After investigating, I noticed that it was coming from the bloodstains/hunter tombstones that were lying everywhere from suiciders. After looking closer at the tombstones, I noticed that the Messengers were the ones sobbing. So all that time I've been hearing random sobbing in dungeons and stuff, thinking it was just ambient noise, it was actually the Messengers mourning over the deaths of other Hunters.
I thought this was extremely cool and sad at the same time, From really outdid themselves with the details this time!