Organize fightclubs, discuss tactics!

Chuckalgren2

Souls: 65.00
Hello everyone and thanks for reading my post.

I have noticed quite some grief against people having low hp in this game, so I did a tank build:
NG+1
SL 120

45 Vigor
20 Vitality
Life ring +2
Steel protection +1
Ring of Favor +1

Exile set + Executioner armor.

I do an invasion and a guy one handing a large double edged axe parries me at full life and one shots me with the riposte.

Hornet ring makes it as such that all weapons parryable are non-viable, I can take around 5-6 2H 700 AR hits before I die, but one Hornet ring riposte and it's all over.

Hornet ring is the sole reason 99% uses 2 handed unparryable gimmick weapons.

Thoughts?

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 8,567.00
Honestly, I've never been one shot on my 120 characters by anything other than falling off a cliff.

I sit around 2k hp, with nice heavy armor around 38%DR, and 40 some poise. I'll pull my build up later and show you if you'd like.

Chuckalgren2

Embered I would suppose? 2k is impossible if not at SL120.

Rizen

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,446.00
Parry to critical damage builds have done that to me but there are ways to get around it. Obviously parries need good timing so mixing up strong attacks, any ranged attack and most magic can't be parried. 2 handing ultra weapons, like you said and many weapon arts can't either.
Parry spamming is annoying so it's good to at least have fire bombs or knives to throw for such occasions.

Chuckalgren2

Rizen wrote:Parry to critical damage builds have done that to me but there are ways to get around it. Obviously parries need good timing so mixing up strong attacks, any ranged attack and most magic can't be parried. 2 handing ultra weapons, like you said and many weapon arts can't either.
Parry spamming is annoying so it's good to at least have fire bombs or knives to throw for such occasions.

Well, it regrettably leads to a lot of passivity and "mix-ups" with running R1/R2s which are either parried or sidestep-backstabbed. The entire game boils to down a 50/50 system, especially with the cheap roll costs making everyone abandon defensive completely.

It's quite the hypocrisy to whine about low-hp players not giving anyone satisfaction in PvP then only use ROLLS to avoid damage entirely instead of going for damage mitigation through defenses, real shields (not leather for parry only) etc. Or enough stamina to actually block with weapons with decent defensive stats.

Really now, all Hornet rings does is to equip the tryhards with 10 different weapons and consumables in their inventory to swap around with.
I did a a test the other day:

SL120
50 Vigor
50 Vitality
Full Smaugh
Ring of Favor +2
Ring of Life +2
Ring of Steel Protection +2
Havels +2

I had around 1500 life without ember and I was still one shotted by both a caster low-health specc and a warrior parry/riposte.

So I forfeited all faith in so called "quality" builds because all they do against 2handers is at most giving you health to take 1 more hit, 1+1 free + a third which equals another free, so in practice you can only take 2 hits from a heavy weapon since 1 hit almost alwaysl eads into another.

With that in mind, vigor 27 or less is optimal with 30 faith/tears of denial since it gives you the same amount of possible hits taken had you upped vigor to 50, instead you can use denial several times since PvP arena allows mana potions and take more hits than any high vigor build ever could, plus you get the lightning buff for +4 attunement.

Something like:
27 Vigor
20 Endurance
43 Dexterity
30 Faith
+10 Dagger Sharp/hidden weapon - Blessed/lightning
Caestus/parry dagger - if below 20% swap for morion during parry
Hornet ring
Leo ring
Red Tearstone ring
Carthus ring
Dragon torso

With the latter build, you will always survive a riposte/gimped mage over and over with the buff while being able to one shot people yourself. I got a 1345 riposte vs a player and messed up the swap completely, highest vs lothric knight is 1890, so you can easily hit a player for around 1500 with +10 dagger main hand, in the clip I was solely trying out parry dagger.
Last edited by mothereternity on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Edited to comply with forum guidelines

mothereternity

Souls: 2,060.00
Bank: 1,190.00
Wiki Edits: 871
We ask that users participate more in the forums before posting links to personal sites like YouTube. Please see our forum guidelines for more information

t2/forum-guidelines/
Bound to the FEXUS

Even in darkness we need the light. Forum Rules to guide you thru t2/forum-guidelines/
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

announakis

Revived
Savior

Souls: 19,503.50
Wiki Edits: 18
working as intended aka do not get parried by
- playing unlocked and dead angling
- alternating with un-parryable weapon arts (all freaking spin to win moves), jumping R2s or 2 handed ultras
- not falling for the classic firebomb bait into roll R1 parry etc....
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you once, but then I got a [dark souls] in the knee.
so...
A hoonter must hoont!

LeadFaun

Souls: 228.00
I don't think I've ever been one-shot. Whenever I see someone with a parry tool, I try to play unpredictably and agressively. I even use jumping attacks, and feign attacks. You can also use a whip, as they're unparriable.