Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Wish they brought back the holding style for katanas from demons soul. Holding it upright like ds1-3 just looks awkwards i like i held downwards like a samurai
Black Blade x Uchig what is best?
Prefer uchigatana but washing pole is best of the katana class
Black blade is shorter than and atom.
Washing pole doesn't combo.
Darkdrift and bloodlust don't have the katana weapon art, though Bloodlust has a high enough AR to make up for it.
Chaos Blade and frayed blade are the best ones.
That is, if you don't want to get bored to death from spamming running attacks from Washing Pole.
At SL 71, 24 Dex, 10 Str, with leo ring, flynn's ring, hunter's ring and +10 Sharp infused uchigatana; my backstep+R1 counterattacks have done from 620 damage (unbuffed) up to 812 damage (charcoal pine resin) on other players.

Only ~358 AR. And people never expect backsteps in DS3. At that level, most people don't invest enough in Vigor, and the properly timed backstep+R1 easily ends a fight or at the least puts you at a drastic health advantage. I'll probably experiment with the chaos blade to see if I can get up to 900 or more counterattack damage.

Not sure if katana counterattacks are broken or if it has to do with headshots/attack placement, but it's a very underrated move at the moment.
No one uses them cause they have no I-frames and phantom range makes sure you never know if you'll be able to actually dodge their hits. It's a good way to get hit unless your opponent has super good internet.
After the bleed nerf this weapon is useless in PVE for bleed
Its a hard item to acquire, therefore it is a reward item!

I just started my first ever playthrough on DS3 and opted for the uchi. Its tough to use but very fun!

It makes the rotting greatwood a bit easier with its 2 handed slashes, recommend for this fight
it's hard to aquire but much harder to unleash its full potencial. if you have no idea about the game mechanics you can end up with a mediocre weapon at best when other players will do double the damage you do on the same sl.
"tough to use" lel