Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Is the R1 -> Black Flame true combo possible without the sage ring?
At 50 dex
Or using ONLY Sage Ring +2

Any less than that, no.
Having 40 int/40 faith/45 dex this thing does 30 to 40 less damage compared to a normal Pyromancy Flame. Totally worth the slot, I simply don't use normal PF anymore.

Cacanny

Souls: 80.00
Wiki Edits: 8
In what kind of build do you have 40 INT, 40 FTH and 45 DEX? Surely it's higher than 120.
@Cacanny, it equals out to being 88, leaving the other 32 points to go into Att, Health or Stam as desired. 6 could go to Attunement for three slots, for at least 3 slots for spells, plus 2 with the ring, leaving 26. You could split that 13/13 for Health/Stam, or skew it in any way.
Strangely enough, if you move forward and press cast simultaneously you will perform a forward jumping attack instead. This is great for catching people by surprise, also works with the Cleric's Candlestick, Rose of Ariandel, Heysel Pick, Golden Ritual Spear and even the Immolation Tinder.

Jardenon

Wiki Edits: 6
This weapon is almost too good. for starters you can now be a sorcerer/Cleric in your left hand, and a Pyromancer in your right. You become highly unpredictable, and nobody really can see what you're planning to do next. if the weapon art had hyper armor it would be OP
You already could do something like that in the base game, using the Golden Ritual Spear in one hand and the White Hair Talisman in the other. Or Heysel's Pick. Or the Cleric's Candlestick (which, as an added bonus, upgrades with regular titanite, making it much cheaper to upgrade!)

The only difference is this is a pyromancy flame, and those are sorcery catalysts. Still could have easily chosen to do the build before any of the DLCs, is the point. People didn't do it and still don't do it because it's almost always best to focus rather than split.
17 / 40 / 40, +10, Witch Ring equipped, tested on Silver Knights.
Hunter's Ring equipped (total dex 22): Sacred Flame:924, Chaos Bed Westiges:569, R1:208
No Hunter's Ring: Sacred Flame:916, CBW:564, R1:206
With Hunter's Ring and Catrhus Milkring (total dex 25), Demon's Scar deals more damage with pyromancies than Parting Flame despite having 10 less adjustment. (Not counting the additional combustion explosion)

Cacanny

Wiki Edits: 8
I'm confused by your numbers, you're showing only Demon's Scar numbers and then come to the conlusion that it does more DMG than the Parting Flame which we know is already less DMG than the Pyromancer Flame but compensate this with the combustion in close range. It would make sense for your testing that you would include the Parting flame in too.

The purpose of the test wasn't comparison of Parting Flame vs Demon Scar but instead the scaling of Dex on damage and spelldamage and whether it really exists. I included the bit about PF becosue i find knowing the breakpoint very useful.
Atleast the DLC gave us one fun weapon that wasn't also complete *******
Come on, now. Tell us where the Dual Great swords touched you. It's okay to talk about it.
^ this guy (^-^)
Well... you just got two good answers already I think.

Unbreakable_Patches

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 22.00
Wiki Edits: 2
"Come on, now. Tell us where the Dual Great swords touched you. It's okay to talk about it." IT IS OP. What if I told you that I won 34 out of the 40 duels that I fought in to test this weapon out.
I have a Pyromancer that has been using the Onyx Blade for Melee. Should I switch it out for this?
Depends on your stats, Demon Scar is lighter and does 100% fire damage while also being a pyro flame, naturally scaling with in and faith. Onyx Blade is a split Physical/Dark damage greatsword that scales well in faith and int, it is more reliable for trading hits due to its hyper armor, but its high AR is reduced twice due to the split damage, use what you need according to the situation.
I have a question for all yall pro's out there! Can you dual wield this wep if you go into newgame plus? If so does it change casting speeds or dmg or anything at all? Would it be good/bad for anything at all? I know offcourse it does not make sense to do this, but im curius as i have never tried it myself and have not seen videos for it either.... also i like just knowing stats and changes so this is interesting to me!
Equip a Falcion in both hands at once. Then equip a fyro flame in both hands at once.
Use your imagination to combine those experiences and you have your answer.
If you're in NG+, I'd reccomend getting the pyromancy.

Dorkmoon

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 50.00
I still think this thing's a Pyromancer gamechanger. It's strong enough as a catalyst so any pyromancy you want at your fingertips at all times, combined with one of the best movesets in well...all of Dark Souls really in the curved sword R1 and backflip, and even a spinning style WA that leaves a chaos spell esque puddle all in one package. In my opinion it's honestly all a Pyromancer needs. This thing loaded with Black Flame, Black Serpent (quickly becoming imo one of the most abusable spells in the game.), Chaos Bed Vestiges, and any additional Pyro of your choice can handle almost anything.

It's potentially ONLY drawback is if someone puts on full flame resistance+profuse sweat, which isn't gonna happen too often but it might be good to pack an Onyx Blade or some other Dark weapon just incase.
Even if they do, you can carry a witch's locks with it.
Is the demon scar parryable?
Yes it is