Anything without a home!

Slarg232

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 6,151.50
Wiki Edits: 8
Unless I'm completely blind and not seeing it, we don't have a thread for this in DkS III or this forum yet.

How's everyone enjoying it? I haven't gotten to play it yet (sent a bunch of the models to my dad to paint them) but I've heard nothing but good things! Any awesome play experiences yet?
You'd have to be Mad to trust the Mad.....
I'M NOT INVADING TO DUEL, YOU FOOL!
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 260,621.49
Bank: 7,492.71
Wiki Edits: 19642
I haven't had time to even get it yet :(

How is it?
Fextralife.com
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

bukharajones

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,009.00
Wiki Edits: 9
Mine looks awesome. Boss fights = great. Mobs= too grindy. Probably needs to fix that if it wants to be a great game.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 260,621.49
Bank: 7,492.71
Wiki Edits: 19642
Would love to see some pictures of some setups.
Fextralife.com
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 42,974.50
Wiki Edits: 561
bukharajones wrote:Mine looks awesome. Boss fights = great. Mobs= too grindy. Probably needs to fix that if it wants to be a great game.

The best part about tabletop games is a little something called "house rules". :P

Slarg232

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 6,151.50
Wiki Edits: 8
TSMP wrote:
bukharajones wrote:Mine looks awesome. Boss fights = great. Mobs= too grindy. Probably needs to fix that if it wants to be a great game.

The best part about tabletop games is a little something called "house rules". :P

Yeah, I'll try to see if I can find it but Boss Rush Mode was a popular discussion topic on the Steamforged Forums a bit ago.

Also, we've gotten word of what the next kickstarter will bring if they get the Go-Ahead to do it: Blighttown and the Painted World. I unfortunately can't find the post again to confirm if we're going to Ariandel or Ariamis. Honestly, it could be either; Priscilla doesn't bring as much to the table as Friede/Ariandel, but those two and their three parter might be better suited to a Mega-boss.

As for games, I've played three times, non of them getting passed the Mini-boss;
-First game was me playing by myself, trying to learn the rules. Even by cheating and giving myself full gear/stats, the Gargoyle just overwhelmed me due to it not splitting it's attacks. I won't deny that personal skill may have been a factor as well.
-Second Game, me and a group of guys died to the Miniboss due to one particular player not knowing when to stop Leeroy Jenkinsing into him.
-Third game, we were triumphant but half the group got called home due to their babysitter having issues so we had to call it quits.

So, if you guys don't know, you basically have "Sparks" to your bonfire, and any time one player dies the entire group gets sent back to Firelink and you lose a Spark. You die without a Spark? Game Over.

Also, there is something I rather like about how the game handles classes. Each class has different stats (naturally), so the Warrior ends up with 40 Strength at the end of it but the Knight can only get to 38, and stats don't add scaling but do affect what equipment you can use. Each class also has a "once per Spark" ability that helps differentiate them (Warrior can attack all enemies in the same node, Knight can reroll a Block die, Herald can restore 2 Stamina to each party member), and they definitely make each class bring something unique. Speaking of bringing something unique;

I LOVE how equipment was handled in this. There's a giant stack of items that aren't too unique (Pierce Shield, Great Axe, Exile Armor, various titanite), however each character has unique gear that they bring to the table. Anyone can still use them (if they have the stats), but only if you play with those characters; Warrior brings the Caestus (which is the only weapon so far that gives you an additional attack), the Herald brings Lothric's Holy Sword (which gives allies Stamina as you hit; keeping them alive), the Knight gets Faraam Armor (Which allows you to steal Aggro from another player), and the Assassin gets Alva's Armor and Shadow Sets, which is the only armor in the game to give Dodge Dice worth a damn.

This makes playing with the different team comps feel much better/different, as Knight/Warrior can have the Warrior equip the Faraam armor, have the enemies dog-pile him then attack all of them, or a Knight/Herald has the Knight go Ham while the Herald tries to keep their stamina down, and so on. I really can't wait till the Player Character expansion comes out, mostly for the Pyromancer but a part of me really wants to see what they do with the Deprived.
You'd have to be Mad to trust the Mad.....
I'M NOT INVADING TO DUEL, YOU FOOL!