Anything without a home!

PaulLiszewski

Souls: 55.00
Hey there guys, my name is Paweł Liszewski, I am writing master's thesis on University of Warsaw, as a fan of Dark Souls series i chose this topic , Dark Souls community to be specific. Would be great if you could help me a little bit and complete this survey, it's in google docs and takes like 3 minutes. Thanks
here's the link
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s3CJiT ... 7FnMc/edit

qeter

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 16.00
Bank: 3,934.00
Wiki Edits: 5
filled it out. good luck on the paper.

Reaperfan

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 5,049.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Also filled out.

I'm not sure if Off-Topic is going to get you the best traffic, and since I feel this is Dark Souls related I think you could get away with having this moved to one of the official Dark Souls forums. Up to the mods on that one though, I guess. Calling @Fexelea to get this moved somewhere it'll get more results! (is that how tagging works nowadays...I really hope so lol)

Anyway, good luck with the project!
A system error occurred during event movement.
A system error occurred during event movement...

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 11,058.00
Bank: 0.00
I'll do it. As someone whose used video games for school related essays as well, I'm curious as to your thesis is about exactly.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.
VIP

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Squirming with Insight

Souls: 42,037.50
Wiki Edits: 559
And this marks the 12th time I've seen someone use Dark Souls as the topic of a thesis. The game is, apparently, thesis-worthy material. Really makes you think.

Side note: Some of these questions weird me out just for the fact that they, you know, apply. I never noticed how much of a... I guess the word is 'culture'? I never noticed how much of a culture has grown up around the series. I've seen people do all of the stuff in those questions, and it is just bizarre.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 11,058.00
Bank: 0.00
TSMP wrote:And this marks the 12th time I've seen someone use Dark Souls as the topic of a thesis. The game is, apparently, thesis-worthy material. Really makes you think.

Side note: Some of these questions weird me out just for the fact that they, you know, apply. I never noticed how much of a... I guess the word is 'culture'? I never noticed how much of a culture has grown up around the series. I've seen people do all of the stuff in those questions, and it is just bizarre.

I'd say video gaming itself has become a sub-culture in human society in general, with certain series and franchises spawning their own sub-sub-cultures, like Dark Souls, or WOW, or Elder scrolls, or Minecraft....

None of these questions surprise me as I've seen and heard of them enough to know they're (for better or worse) a part of the Dark Souls community. I think this reflects how video games as a whole can have such an influence on people, how powerful a message, feelings, or experience they can give that can so strongly affect a person's life.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.