Anything without a home!

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 11,961.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Lich180 wrote:https://youtu.be/ppMe1I0xVo8

Jack and the Guardian. Review for the episode tonight.

I'm going in the same as I have with all the others. All I've watched was the promo trailer, and nothing else. I'll watch it after I watch the episode. Actually have to avoid youtube after the episode airs until I've seen it.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 9,214.00
It's just the original fight with the Guardian, no spoilers.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Lich180 wrote:It's just the original fight with the Guardian, no spoilers.

Oh.
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

Heh yeah, I probably shoulda been more specific.

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

I think I've double posted in this thread a lot.

This next week is gonna be hell after that episode.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Lich180 wrote:I think I've double posted in this thread a lot.

This next week is gonna be hell after that episode.

You know, I saw joke after joke about Aku being the literal father of the Daughters of Aku, but I didn't think that was going to be the case. Actually surprised. Curious how they'll rap this series up, given all the build up they've given it in this season alone.

Lich180

Hollowed
Redeemer

In episode 9, Jack talks about his memories of the past, and how they are just memories. People he's helped, people he's seen killed by Aku and his minions, all of that are just memories. He doesn't want Ashi to be just another memory, which is why he took off and left her at space ship thing.

He has no way home, and realizes that when he sees the shattered remains of the Guardian's portal, and the Guardian's shattered glasses.

The Guardian may be alive, as so far this season every time someone has died, we've seen them die.

Jack, I think, has realized that he cannot go back to the past, and given the choice between going back to the past and staying with Ashi, he's gonna stay with her.

As to next episode... There's so much that's been getting packed into these episodes that 10 is gonna be a hell of a rollercoaster. They have to touch on the Scotsman's army, Ashi being saved/killed-then-coming-back, Jack getting the resolve to defeat Aku, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting.

I can't even make a prediction to what is gonna happen, there's too many things that have to go on.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Lich180 wrote:
In episode 9, Jack talks about his memories of the past, and how they are just memories. People he's helped, people he's seen killed by Aku and his minions, all of that are just memories. He doesn't want Ashi to be just another memory, which is why he took off and left her at space ship thing.

He has no way home, and realizes that when he sees the shattered remains of the Guardian's portal, and the Guardian's shattered glasses.

The Guardian may be alive, as so far this season every time someone has died, we've seen them die.

Jack, I think, has realized that he cannot go back to the past, and given the choice between going back to the past and staying with Ashi, he's gonna stay with her.

As to next episode... There's so much that's been getting packed into these episodes that 10 is gonna be a hell of a rollercoaster. They have to touch on the Scotsman's army, Ashi being saved/killed-then-coming-back, Jack getting the resolve to defeat Aku, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting.

I can't even make a prediction to what is gonna happen, there's too many things that have to go on.

Also remember the heavy hinting to all the people he's helped coming to his aid in the final battle. Likely the Scotsman's rounding them up for the final battle.

Reaperfan

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 5,115.00
Reaperfan wrote:Also a thing I was thinking...Jack's whole mission involves returning to the past and erasing the future he currently exists in. So, depending on how they decide to handle time travel mechanics, it's entirely possible that Jack succeeding in his mission will actually erase Ashi from existence as well even if she somehow manages to go back with him. Prepare yourself for feels, my friends.

Watch on youtube.com

In all seriousness though...this was beautiful. I'm sitting here at 4:30am trying to think of what I could say about how I feel about this ending, and the only thing I can think of is that I was upset I couldn't straight up give a literal round of applause after the credits started because I'd wake other people in the house up. The feels were real, but it wasn't just sad. After seeing this and reflecting back on not just this show, but what this show meant and the journey it's been through to reach this point has been...gratifying. The feels are strong on all ends of the emotional spectrum, and I can't ever remember feeling this fulfilled with a show's finale. Some anime and Breaking Bad have gotten close to this feeling, but...like...I don't even have a feeling of a "show hole" because everything felt so perfectly complete.

I'll probably wake up tomorrow and watch it again with a more level-headed outlook, but I feel something had to be said about this impression right now.
A system error occurred during event movement.
A system error occurred during event movement...