Anything without a home!

eremHaNeoN

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 3,148.00
Wiki Edits: 38
A number of Konami properties could use good follow-ups/re-releases (FKN'... SILENT HILL HD COLLECTION... MY A$SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS) but FIRST control must be wrested from the people prostituting out all their assets to pachinko machines, turning Contra into a fee-to-pay mobile game and Metal Gear into a glorified UnitZ crap pile. Then they all need to be executed by firing squad (with not even a ONE smoke offered for any of them) and people who give a **** about video games steers the company back from total oblivion.
Through Dark Souls of futures past. The speed runner longs to see. One boost between a pair of binos. Parry Walk with Me.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 11,961.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
eremHaNeoN wrote:A number of Konami properties could use good follow-ups/re-releases (FKN'... SILENT HILL HD COLLECTION... MY A$SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS) but FIRST control must be wrested from the people prostituting out all their assets to pachinko machines, turning Contra into a fee-to-pay mobile game and Metal Gear into a glorified UnitZ crap pile. Then they all need to be executed by firing squad (with not even a ONE smoke offered for any of them) and people who give a **** about video games steers the company back from total oblivion.

I hear they're making a Contra movie now
Normality is a banality. Reality is a fallacy. Alter your perception, open your mind, and expand your world...with odd thoughts, eccentric beliefs, and an eldritch imagination.

eremHaNeoN

Caffeinated
Guardian

EldritchImagination wrote:
eremHaNeoN wrote:A number of Konami properties could use good follow-ups/re-releases (FKN'... SILENT HILL HD COLLECTION... MY A$SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS) but FIRST control must be wrested from the people prostituting out all their assets to pachinko machines, turning Contra into a fee-to-pay mobile game and Metal Gear into a glorified UnitZ crap pile. Then they all need to be executed by firing squad (with not even a ONE smoke offered for any of them) and people who give a **** about video games steers the company back from total oblivion.

I hear they're making a Contra movie now

Not what the series needs but it's better than another pachinko machine or the recent transaction-riddled mobile title that was made with its name.
Through Dark Souls of futures past. The speed runner longs to see. One boost between a pair of binos. Parry Walk with Me.

PrimeraEspada91

Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Souls: 14,044.50
Wiki Edits: 1390
The old megaman X on ps4 with new graphics; i can settle for a remake there.

Also the megaman zero games that were on the DS i would like on ps4.
What could have been, what should have been, is nothing more than a feverishly sweet dream left unshared.
Shop IconShop Icon

Lelouch465

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,570.00
Having a new Spyro game like the first three ones would make me insanely happy.
"Glares silently" ಠ_ಠ

eremHaNeoN

Caffeinated
Guardian

A follow-up I've wanted to see but will never, ever happen, and in this day and age, probably shouldn't, was a Conker's BFD sequel. Anyone who's played it can attest to the 180 tonal shift by the end of the game and probably was hoping to see it followed up on but all we got was an Xbox remake with nicer graphics, online multiplayer and, hilariously enough was more censored than the original N64 version. But too much time has passed and I don't think a sequel would either ring true or be in capable hands (Microshaft absolutely gutted Rare, it's been painful to see - and the primary people responsible for Conker of course are no longer with the company, haven't for years).

Another thing, despite sort of leaving itself open for a sequel (the only reason they didn't go with their originally planned ending where
Conker outright commits suicide
- imagine if they went there, jeez), when you think about it it really is, in a way, a one-off title, a "you had to be there" or at least "understand where it was coming from" kind of deal. Even back when it came out when I was what, 12, 13? years old many of its movie references/"parodies" felt painfully outdated. The whole Matrix sequence for instance. Or, more specifically, the problem was that most of them weren't parodies so much as just references. They played scenes shot-for-shot but... with squirrels and ****. Ha, ha? The game itself though, was a technical marvel for the N64, and the game itself while frustrating in parts (the constant shift in gameplay styles meant having to learn and relearn the game with every new area, some of which had fairly sudden difficulty spikes, and issues like its camera could get in the way and so on) was enjoyable and varied, and deviated from the bloated collect-a-thon that Rare was making a name for themselves with by making it a pretty tight, concentrated experience. But, more significantly, the time and place it came out. Conker was a planned game for years before that, as another cute 3D platformer, as evidenced by Conker's Pocket Tales or his appearance in Diddy Kong Racing long before the game was announced. And when it was, when I saw it, was in an April issue of EGM magazine. If anyone remembers they were known to hide April fools pranks/fakes somewhere every April in their magazine (Sheng Long is probably their most well-known bit, the one I can remember most "fondly"/frustratingly was being fooled by the supposed code that allowed you to play in multiplayer as any of the past, non-Brosnan James Bonds in Goldeneye). They had to specifically say that this wasn't an April fool's gag. And indeed it wasn't.

That this wasn't a brand-new IP but something they pulled on Conker, an already somewhat-established character in the Rare line-up and previously planned kid-friendly Banjo-type platformer, that it was a first-party game by Nintendo of all people back when they were even more beholden to the image of family-friendliness more so than they ever were afterward, and also its sheer technical excellence (a game that didn't need the N64's expansion pack yet contained sharper graphics compared to the games that did require it while running at a better frame-rate at that, filled with voice acting with actual lip-syncing and facial animations and other such details), all being put out at the very end of the N64's lifespan, which is why it goes for such high prices for a cartridge today, really made it a game that came out at exactly the right time and its audacity could never be replicated. A game made to take the piss by the creator's own admission but with an ending that left enough impact for me to want to see it resolved in a follow-up game but never happened, never will, and looking at it now, probably all the better that it shouldn't. Lightning in a bottle in its own weird way.

SeyroonTheMage

Casual
Convict

Souls: 445.00
Wiki Edits: 8
Commander Keen and Rocket Knight Adventures.

Oh and seconding Streets of Rage.

Also:
qeter wrote:remeber sonic the hedgehog? shame they never made any more games after the sonic adventure 2. a real shame.

What is this "Adventure 2" you speak of? In my reality, there is only one Sonic game, but it's a damn good one, and it is called 3&K.

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 22,801.50
Wiki Edits: 18
I don't think people who think the Sonic Adventure games are good have actually played them since they were like 12. To say they're bad would be to put it charitably.
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush

qeter

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 61.00
Bank: 4,171.00
Wiki Edits: 5
Forum_Pirate wrote:I don't think people who think the Sonic Adventure games are good have actually played them since they were like 12. To say they're bad would be to put it charitably.

i have sonic adventure 2 on steam. it holds up really well. can't speak for sonic adventure 1 though.