Dark Souls 3 is releasing its final DLC: The Ringed City in March 28th, and the first gameplay footage of the upcoming DLC is now available for fans to scrutinize and theorycraft, much like we did with the announcement trailer.
The Ringed City Gameplay
Spoilers in video for locations, enemies, and a boss.
Fromsoftware and Bandai Namco have listened to the feedback provided and the second DLC features more playtime, more content, and more bosses.
The DLC brings impressive areas to explore, with somewhat familiar enemies that are however altogether new, walking that narrow line between reminding you of the original Dark Souls and moving in completely unexpected ways. It’s all spiced up with that persistent feel that Bloodborne isn’t too far away from this realm. This article will be expanded to add more details as they come.
The Ringed City Features
- New PvP Arenas, that can be accessed whether you own only Ashes of Ariandel, The Ringed City, or both.
- An update that changes PvP matchmaking functionality.
- New Location: The Ringed City, Dreg Heap (names not confirmed) Earthen Peak (confirmed)
- New Weapons and Shields: Splitleaf Greatsword, Murky Hand Scythe, Murky Longstaff, Aquamarine Dagger, Giant Door Shield, Harald Curved Greatsword, Demon’s Scar
- New Armor Sets: Desert Pyromancer Set: Garb, Harald Legion Leggings, Loincloth
- New Spells: Great Soul Dregs (Sorcery), Flame Fan, Seething Chaos (Pyromancies)
- New PvP exclusive map for the Hollow Arena
- New Bosses: The Demon King (Crimson Bat & The Demon from Below)
- New NPCs: Lapp
- New Enemies: Angel, Murkmen, Grotesque Londor Grower, Overgrown Lothric Knight, Lothric Thief
- New Items: Old Woman’s Ashes, Lothric War Banner, Soul of the Demon Prince
The Ringed City Gameplay Screenshots
Ringed City Lore
Fear not the dark, ashen one. Journey to the world’s end to search for the Ringed City and encounter new lands, new bosses, new enemies with new armor, magic and items. Experience the epic final chapter of a dark world that could only be created by the mind of Hidetaka Miyazaki. This new adventure has players chasing after the Slave Knight Gael to the literal end of the world as he searches for the Dark Soul of Humanity.
At the close of the Age of Fire, as the world ends and all lands converge upon themselves, a lone adventurer descends into the madness of the earth and uncovers the secrets of the past. As players make their way to the fabled Ringed City they will encounter ancient beasts, a new cast of characters teetering on the edge of insanity, new armor, weapons, magic, and at the bottom of it all, a long lost city filled with new horrors for players to overcome.
A Dark Souls 3 The Fire Fades / Game of the Year edition will be available for sale on April 21st, bundling the base game and both DLCs for new players. Excited? Sound off in the comments!