Dark Souls 3 is releasing its final DLC: The Ringed City in March 28th, and the first gameplay footage of the upcoming DLC is now available for fans to scrutinize and theorycraft, much like we did with the announcement trailer.

The Ringed City Gameplay

Spoilers in video for locations, enemies, and a boss.

Fromsoftware and Bandai Namco have listened to the feedback provided and the second DLC features more playtime, more content, and more bosses.

The DLC brings impressive areas to explore, with somewhat familiar enemies that are however altogether new, walking that narrow line between reminding you of the original Dark Souls and moving in completely unexpected ways. It’s all spiced up with that persistent feel that Bloodborne isn’t too far away from this realm. This article will be expanded to add more details as they come.

The Ringed City Features

The Ringed City Gameplay Screenshots

Ringed City Lore

Fear not the dark, ashen one. Journey to the world’s end to search for the Ringed City and encounter new lands, new bosses, new enemies with new armor, magic and items. Experience the epic final chapter of a dark world that could only be created by the mind of Hidetaka Miyazaki. This new adventure has players chasing after the Slave Knight Gael to the literal end of the world as he searches for the Dark Soul of Humanity.

At the close of the Age of Fire, as the world ends and all lands converge upon themselves, a lone adventurer descends into the madness of the earth and uncovers the secrets of the past. As players make their way to the fabled Ringed City they will encounter ancient beasts, a new cast of characters teetering on the edge of insanity, new armor, weapons, magic, and at the bottom of it all, a long lost city filled with new horrors for players to overcome.

A Dark Souls 3 The Fire Fades / Game of the Year edition will be available for sale on April 21st, bundling the base game and both DLCs for new players. Excited? Sound off in the comments!

MMO raider by day and guide writer by night, Fex enjoys multiplatform gaming, good books and animes, and streaming with a cold beer.

View my other posts

32 comments on “DKS3 The Ringed City: First Gameplay Footage, New PvP Arenas, Matchmaking Changes”

1. Avatar SilkyGoodness says:

I’m confident this is the case, but we should keep in mind nothing has outright stated that GSD is the giant punch-y attack thing.

2. Avatar theotherMittens says:

I hope this pleases lordnoah.

3. Avatar Grehym_Blak says:
    I hope this pleases lordnoah.

Impossible to please Dark LordNoah :mask-averice:

4. Avatar SilkyGoodness says:

I re-examined the first trailer. It looks like before transforming the "lightsaber," is a dagger with a long hilt. It also looks like a weapon art shield. The silver eagle kite shield specifically. I would say that confirms it. Weapon art transforms the aquamarine dagger into a straight sword. It could be a rapier, but I doubt it.

It is probably split damage given the dagger part looks solid, but I wonder if it changes to pure magic after transforming?

5. Avatar TSMP says:

If it’s listed as split physical and magic, my assumption would be that the magic applies to the transformed mode and the physical applies to the dagger mode.

I’m having a hard time imagining the use of a weapon that flips between dagger and rapier in a game like Dark Souls, though. Isn’t it slower than just switching to a different weapon? What special traits does the weapon have to set it apart from either beyond the ability to flip between the two? Is it just so it weighs less?

Strange weapon. Fancy as all get out, but strange.

6. Avatar SilkyGoodness says:

The dagger has blue light in the blade itself. So I is probably always split damage and the dagger blade makes up about half the length to 2/3 the length of what I assume will be a straight sword, but could be a rapier. It is long compared to our other daggers it looks like to me. It would be weird to have another dedicated int rapier. If it is a rapier, I’ll just use the one we have for length to be honest. It would have to have significant a damage difference to use over the CSR or be full magic damage.

7. Avatar Slarg232 says:
    Noone thought of the darklurker yet? That one had a body double (like suly btw) and a dark laser attack.

I posted a thread in the Lore forums about how I think the Darklurker is relevant to the Ringed City 😛

Also, I’m late to the party, most of the comments have been made already, but I just want to say that the Knights with the Dark Sign burned into their chest are SAHWEET!

Also also, I really want GSD to cast the big ghost like soul dreg dudes you see in Vaati’s video he posted up. Launching those things at people would be amazing.