Phoenix Labs’ upcoming free to play game Dauntless is now in Founder’s Alpha: accessible to anyone who has supported the game with a Founder’s Pack.
Up to now, there was a closed tech alpha with strict NDA agreements so we couldn’t share much, but we did write a preview and enjoyed playing with the devs at E3. If you need some details, read on!
Dauntless Founder’s Alpha: Game Features
- Player Customization
- Loot system based on monster-slaying, with tiers of loot and rarity based on Behemoths.
- A crafting system to put your materials to good use.
- Co-op monster slaying in 4 player parties.
Hubs are the center of socialization, and is packed with other players giving it a very MMO like feel, that is a strong shared world. At this hub world you can also craft equipment and open the cores you obtain as loot from your hunts, which you can use the vtiharious materials for crafting your new stuff. The process of opening cores is very similar to visiting the cryptarch in Destiny.
Dauntless Founder Tier: 79.99 USD (Will Be 99.99 USD Eventually)
- Includes all the Slayer and Founder Tier rewards plus the following:
- Founder’s Alpha: Want to be among the first to walk the Shattered Isles? Play a full week before Closed Beta starts in this exclusive event. Join Phoenix Labs as we open the doors to Ramsgate, then keep playing in the Closed Beta when everyone else arrives. The Founder’s Alpha will come after the Closed/Technical Alpha and before Closed Beta.
- Patron Status (90 Days): Similar to Champion status, Patron status increase the quantity of materials dropped by slain behemoths. What’s better is that everyone in your hunting party will also receive a similar bonus regardless of their status. Additionally, this bonus stacks with other Patrons. It’s the perfect perk for slayers who plan to roll with a group of friends.
- Additionally, Patron Status imbues slayers with the Style Hunter perk. This perk gives vanity and customization items (which are usually found in Chroma Cores) a chance to drop from slain behemoths.
- Founder’s Banner Make an impression with this exclusive emote. You’ll be able to customize your banner with new elements as your legend evolves and always be able to show it off in style.
- Guild Charter: Start your own guild and establish your legacy.
- Game Credits: Become a part of Dauntless history. Add your name to the Dauntless credits, where you’ll live as one of the founding members of the game.