Welcome to our weekly series that features a community submitted Dark Souls 3 build. Dark Souls 3 build crafting is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game and a big reason for its longevity. Who better to turn to when in need of a new idea than your fellow players? To have your build featured on the blog, you may submit your best setups on our forum thread and every week we will select one at random to be featured here. Feel free to discuss and debate the build’s strengths and weaknesses but as always be constructive with your fellow Dark Souls players. This week’s build, “Sleepy Hollow” comes from community member announakis and is a Quality/Luck focused build.
Dark Souls 3 Build of the Week: Sleepy Hollow
This build is designed to tackle both PvE and PvP seamlessly and gives you the versatility to choose from a variety of different weaponry.
Stats & Vitals
- Build Name: Sleepy Hollow
- Starting Class & Soul Level: Warrior 120
- Focus: PvE & PvP
- Main Stats: Luck/Dexterity/ Strength
- Vigor: 36 (41 with Prisoner’s Chain)
- Attunement: 6
- Endurance: 35 (40 with Prisoner’s Chain)
- Vitality: 19 (24 with Prisoner’s Chain)
- Strength: 26 (two hand all weapons to reach soft cap)
- Dexterity: 40 (to optimize damage of all weapons that bleed, quality or hollow)
- Intelligence: 8
- Faith: 9
- Luck: 30 (40 with 2 Hollow weapons and 99 Hollowing)
Weapons, Armor, Rings & Spells
- Right Hand 1: Carthus Curved GS or Zweihander or Exile GS or Claymore or Corvian Scythe (All Hollow)
- Right Hand 2: Frayed Blade
- Left Hand 1: Claw (hollow) (keep up for extra luck bonus unless switching to bleed or ranged mode on second slot)
- Left Hand 2: Composite Bow or Notched Whip (blood infused) or Bandit Knife (blood also)
- Armor: anything that allows you to reach 33 poise: at this point, Curved Greatswords two handed can poise with R1 through a two handed R1 of a Greatsword (ultimate reference if you ask me). With the Zweihander, you can also poise through Ultra GS 2H R1…you become a beast.
- Rings: Havel’s Ring +3, Ring of Favor +3, Prisoner’s Chain, Chloranthy Ring +3
- Spells Attuned: Your choice of PvP spells
You can play all weapons like a Quality build only better because you actually have status build up. Thanks to this you instantly turn 95% bosses into jokes (Dragon Slayer Armor might be the only exception…for this one, switch to frost weapon and revert to facerolling as if nothing happened)
For PvP, you just play normally. Do not try to build up bleed, only switch to Frayed Blade weapon art if you want to finish someone you happened to hit a few times in a row to proc bleed (Frayed Blade build up at 40 luck on a WA R2 is ridiculous) or if you really need to play the running poke game. If someone tries hiding behind a shield you can smile: either you bleed them with the Frayed Blade WA or you revert to Notched Whip WA, your choice.
When you win, you gesture “sleep” just to justify the very bad wordplay on the title.
Objectively, I cannot find any better stat distribution for a quality build that eclectic at this level with such potential for average damage and such insanely advantageous status build up.
Thoughts on this Dark Souls 3 build? Get the discussion going in the comments. Have a Dark Souls 3 build that you think is grossly incandescent? Show us what you’ve got by submitting it in this thread!
Visit the Dark Souls 3 Wiki