This is the kind of treat I can’t live without, and it’s a regular in my cooking rotation!
If you are after a delicious, self-indulgent dessert that requires little to no effort, this is the recipe for you!
Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
By October 2, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 pan (12 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
Simple, delicious and fast!
- 200 grams Unsalted Butter (Margarine will not work)
- 200 grams Baking Semi-Sweet Chocolate either chips or blocks that you have chopped
- 200 grams Sugar
- 2 cups Rolled Oats Any quick cook oats will do
- 1 shot glass Brandy
- 6-8 Ladyfingers can replace with sponge cake or biscuits or graham crackers
- 1 Pyrex Bowl or microwave safe bowl
- 1 Small Pyrex Casserole Dish freezer safe
- Place the sugar, butter and chocolate in the pyrex bowl. Put in the microwave at
the lowest setting for 3 to 5 minutes to melt the chocolate. It is important that you don't do a high setting or it will burn.
- After 3 or 5 minutes, mix the buttery-choco-sugar paste with a spoon until well blended. Return to microwave for more melting if needed.
- Once everything is a delicious looking goo, add in the oats and mix up to create a more firm paste.
On a separate plate, place the Ladyfingers and sprinkle the brandy on them. You can use other pastry if you can't find these near you.
- Place a layer of oatmeal choco paste on the bottom of the casserole dish (should be about half). Cover with the Ladyfingers, then add the last half of the choco paste on top. Cover with cling film and add to freezer for an hour
- After an hour has passed, you can keep the dessert in the fridge for about a week. Enjoy with some tea!